not the most promising start to the weekend...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Look at it in a positive way, more people will stay at home instead of going to the beach. That being said let me get a beer and then take a nap. :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It will not matter to many people. And oh do we need the rain. I am really happy that it is raining. I hope it rains in the mountains so that the reservoirs can fill up a bit. We are still a month away from Hurricane Season and some good rain storms.

No water no life.

Also, the rains signal the end of Lent.

Happy Easter/Passover

Luis

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Raining hard and solid for 24 hours in the mountains thank goodness. Hopefully my parsnips will grow now. Doesn't it always rain over Easter? I seem to remember it often does as I was told it usually starts on Good Friday when Jesus was crucified as God is cross.

Matilda

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
I also love this rain for my yard; however,it's terrible for the local businesses who were counting on dinero from the thousands of people who have already come to Las Terrenas for the weekend-- On the bright side: fewer 12 year old kids driving quads!! :)

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I don't like the rain. It makes walking to the gym more of a chore. I may need to get one of those golf carts.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
It wont stop the party in Cabarete that is for sure I remember a few years ago at the Esso boomba there it had 1 foot of water in the parking lot and it was stilled rammed with about 3000 people partying and raining !

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As I posted on Facebook:
As the Dominicans head to the beaches for their Samana Santa weekend which starts from 12 noon today, the long awaited rain is pouring down on our desperate fields... great re the rain but sad for the locals who plan to party from now until Sunday night!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We have a brisk breeze and cooler temperatures on the south shore, but no rain.

We had one spritz of rain, lasted maybe a minute. That was it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We have a brisk breeze and cooler temperatures on the south shore, but no rain.

We had one spritz of rain, lasted maybe a minute. That was it.

We are visiting in San Jose de Ocoa and rained hard for a bit but mainly a scotch mist. Very pleasant and the area really needs to rain.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i guess less people will now get drunk and drown in rivers and the ocean. admittedly, they can still drown in their own houses if the rain keeps up buy dying at home is cheaper.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Heading to the campo. Rain makes it better to fall asleep. However people seem to tempt fate more when it rains, like how fast can I drive on a rain slick highway, etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had to go to the finca today and it was not fun. our jeep was sliding on the mud like on ice (off road). but people doing crazy driving nonetheless. lots of overtaking from guaguas. maybe they are looking to cover the distances faster so they can do more rounds on their ruta and make more money.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sun shining, still no rain on southern coast, feels like hurricane force winds. Temp cool. Last night was downright cold for here, in the 60s

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Sun shining, still no rain on southern coast, feels like hurricane force winds. Temp cool. Last night was downright cold for here, in the 60s

I've been wondering what's with the strong winds! last night and up til now.