New to DR Travel

knelson1003

Mar 29, 2013
My husband and I have traveled alot but never to DR, we are researching resorts in Punta Cana for the first week of December. All I can say is that it is very overwhelming, so many resorts!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WAIT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are a thousand "Resorts" here in the DR.
Punta Cana" is a newer,nicer resort area.
Research some on line "Cheap Carribean Vacations" sites before making any commitments.
Book now, the resort you book may be closed by December.
Where are you flying from, and what is your budget, and do you want "All Inclusive", or "VIP AREA All Inclusive"?
First week in December is not a hard time to get a "Deal".
After that it IS!
Cris Colon

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you have never been to the DR, Punta Cana is a good place to start. When I was looking at all inclusives I always tried to find a fairly new resort. Newer facilities hopefully nicer room. Find some in your price range and check out the reviews. Many of the all inclusives offer better amenities and a choice of restaurants, than others. Do you homework. It will make your vacation more enjoyable.

LTSteve

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
My husband and I have traveled alot but never to DR, we are researching resorts in Punta Cana for the first week of December. All I can say is that it is very overwhelming, so many resorts!
Thanks for sharing this information and good luck with your research, as there is a wealth of information, websites, youtube videos, travel reports, etc. on the Net.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
My wife and I were in Punta Cana last June. We didn't stay at one of the all inclusive resorts, but we did visit one, Majestic Colonial, one day for a show and were allowed to walk around a bit. We had to pay for the show since we weren't resort guests. Anyway, from our walk around I thought it was very nice. They didn't seem to be skimping on anything like you hear some do. Everything was beautiful and well-maintained. The buffet room was enormous with all different cuisines. We weren't able to eat there though since we weren't guests.