looking for propane fridge anywhere, but a new one not used

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
I am trying to buy a propane fridge to cut my battery usage , if anyone has good info on where i can buy a new one,... not used pls. I need a normal size, can be a little smaller, but not to much. Size does matter, haha.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
North coast: Puerto Plata coming from Sosua: somewhere between Playa Dorada and the "rotonda" on the right side: there is a "plaza" with a shop for freezers, air conditioning etc.
Have seen new gas freezers there some years ago, the shop is still there.

Alexander

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Thanks for the info, but i really need a fridge, not really a freezer, The owner at the palacio in cabrera has a freezer also, but i told him it was a fridge i needed. Thanks again , i will stop by and ask them just to make sure.

May 29, 2006
$1500- $2000 is about the going price for a decent fridge in the US. Many of the cars I've owned haven't cost that much.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the shop above is refri centro or refri partes... probably your only shot in POP, unless you are willing to go to santiago or SD. from what i know those fridges are expensive...
there are other ways to keep your fridge power usage low. we discussed it numerous times. some say the fridge with freezer in the bottom uses less power. others suggest keeping fridge full, as it uses more power to cool down objects and less to keep them cooled. so you can stuff your fridge full of all sorts of food and stack it with water containers. i store all starches in the fridge because rice or pasta tend to swarm with life if left in room temperature. takes quite a lot of space too.
others use coolers filled with ice to store their perishable food items but it is only good for single person household, i think.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
There is a poolstore between Cabarete and Sosua who sells them from small to large. Pro-source is the name of the store, and it is next to Black Wolf Security.

BelgianK

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Pro-Source was displaying the gas fridges for a guy in Cabarete and stopped more than a year ago when the guy wouldn’t service his merchandise and didn’t stand behind his guarantee.