North American Breakfast

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Hi Guys. I was wondering if anyone can give me the names of some restaurants in Santo Domingo that sell good North American style breakfast. Good ole Waffles, Pancakes, Omelettes, Scrambled Eggs, Eggs Benedict, Bacon, Sausage Links or Patties etc.. You guys get the picture. I have already done IHOP, and Denny's. Looking forward to your answers. Thanks guys

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Hi Guys. I was wondering if anyone can give me the names of some restaurants in Santo Domingo that sell good North American style breakfast. Good ole Waffles, Pancakes, Omelettes, Scrambled Eggs, Eggs Benedict, Bacon, Sausage Links or Patties etc.. You guys get the picture. I have already done IHOP, and Denny's. Looking forward to your answers. Thanks guys

Sorry, travel to Boca Chica is a concerning thought for many, let alone for breakfast. Pequena Sousa on Duarte has the best breakfast I have had anywhere in the DR, US or UK. My wife and I go every day we are anywhere near BC. Dinner is ok too..but breakfast is stellar...eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, savory potatoes great coffee.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry, travel to Boca Chica is a concerning thought for many, let alone for breakfast. Pequena Sousa on Duarte has the best breakfast I have had anywhere in the DR, US or UK. My wife and I go every day we are anywhere near BC. Dinner is ok too..but breakfast is stellar...eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, savory potatoes great coffee.

Grands(Paco's for the old timers) colonial zone in Santo Domingo. Sausage little hard to come by. and No Hash Browns.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I prefer to burn my money than sit there, prices!!!! Just got too high now on the top of El Conde, he's taking the pi$$, but just because he can I expect.

Ritas and a few other down the square do a decent breakfast, but again that is pricey, but in a very nice environment.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Keep the answers coming.. I would also like to know if there's a place in the city that has american breakfast, preferably closer to the central polygon.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
And please with an address one can use. Something somewhere in CZ or Rita down the square doesn't help much.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
The lobby restaurant at the Hotel Melia Santo Domingo soon to be Sheraton has a great N.A. breakfast. A bit pricey at $15.00 pp. but everything you want is there. And no limit.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the Poligono Central or the La Gustavo area, a haven for having breakfast.
There is:
Buen Provecho (Gustavo Mejia Ricart 59), Tel 809 562-4848
Cafe Borbonne (Virgilio Diaz Ordonez), Tel 809 540-6260
Cuchara de Madera (Jose Amado Soler) Tel 809 683-6544
Colatte Cafe (Max Henriquez Urena 84), Tel 809 566-7171
Pasteleria Del Jardin (Polibio Diaz 21), Tel 809 566 4243
Elysee (Manuel de Jesus Troncoso de la Concha 23), Tel 809 566- 6600
La Dolcerie (Rafael Augusto Sanchez 20), Tel 809 338-0814
Panavi (Plaza Catalunya, Av Gustavo Mejia Ricart), Tel 809 683-6007

And there are many more. Most will offer international and Dominican breakfast options.

Last edited: