Price for motoconcho in Las Terrenas

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
What do you pay for Motoconcho in the center of Las Terrenas, say oneway from Bodega to Supermercado Neca ?
During the daytime I pay 50p, at least in September the locals said it was for them 25p.
But is the price the same during the night or twice that, also for locals ?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I normally would pay rd50 during the day. I haven't used the motto concho at night. He probably charged you more because there are not many working at night and he can demand a higher price. If you are a gringo than you are not getting actual "local" pricing. They are going to charge you more because they know you will pay it. I guess it beats walking.

LTSteve

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
40 during the day
More or less twice as much at night (depending on the time lol)

As curious says ask a local, I would not argue over a quarter while on vacations :pirate:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What do you pay for Motoconcho in the center of Las Terrenas, say oneway from Bodega to Supermercado Neca ?
During the daytime I pay 50p, at least in September the locals said it was for them 25p.
But is the price the same during the night or twice that, also for locals ?

Try paying less for a couple of days..... if they don't like it..... you'll be walking

Don't think - for moment - that these guys are stupid.
They know you're not local.....
They won't accept less than they need....

The locals get sort of a "volume discount".... sometimes.

IMO, better to have a reliable concho than anger them.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thinking over your dilemma, I used the gua-gua this week - Nagua to el Breton.... I do it every 3-4 months or so normally

In december, the fare was 80 pesos............. Monday , I had to pay 100 (after tendering my 80)

Your September price is out of date..........

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
locals pay 25 pesos.. foreigners and haitians pay 50.. so you were given quite a complement, Aida! My friend Annette pays 25. I pay 50 but sometimes i get a ride for free.

LOL !

I have two I always use, have their cell, reliable, can even tell them to buy me a tajeta for my phone on his way then reimburse him. One of them, try the necesito un prestamo, so we are not as tight as we used to be (but his sister is my ninera and she is great !!!) :)

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
locals pay 25 pesos.. foreigners and haitians pay 50.. so you were given quite a complement, Aida! My friend Annette pays 25. I pay 50 but sometimes i get a ride for free.
This is during daytime. Does it double at night, that is 50 for locals and 100 for visitors, or 100 for all ? 100 seems a lot for me for just a ride in the center (I paid 200 from El Limon to LT at 7pm without negotiation).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
$2.50 ???..............

It WILL be cheaper to walk......

I'm waiting for your airfare question next.... try negotiating there

The new diet system calls for 10,000 steps a day.....

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
An option is to buy a motor like our motoconchos. Just do trips with gringos and use the GPS system. You will get loaded!!!