Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La Romana Bayahibe DR1 Guide

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are going from the airport, you have to take a taxi to the main road and catch a bus or guagua there. Of course, you can go with the taxi to Santo Domingo city to the bus station, but you are going west instead of east to La Romana, so for me it's going back. If you are going to a resort in La Romana area (actually Bayahibe / Dominicus) you cannot get inside with guagua either, so again you have to use taxi.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Awesome!!! We are going to La Romana for the first time on our trip next week and we didnt know what was a 'must do'! I asked a friend who has family there and they couldnt give me any ideas/answers! I am printing this now and taking it with us! We are taking the family to a resort for 3 nights but want other things to do while in the area to make the most of it, it is about a 3 hr drive from home so we are going to make it worthwhile! Thank you Dolores!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I get to La Ramona from Boca Chica other than taxi, going into SD for Caribe/Metro and of course, hitching?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You can go by guagua, easy and cheap too

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papillionsprincess View Post
    How can I get to la romana from SDQ W/o a taxi? Is there a guagua?
    I know this is an old post but for more clarification for those wondering the same thing in the future. The La Romana express (only way to travel) bus stop is located near the Parque Enriquillo in Duarte. It is on the south end of the park (further away from 27 of Feb) but on the North side of China town. It is on the South west corner. PS the bus stop for Higuey is right there also. The La Romana bus stop also has a satellite stop in Sabana Larga on the south side of Las Americas across from the KFC restaurant, but normally around rush hours never has seats available due to filling up first near the park. (I learned the hard way had to sit on my backpack for the 1:45 min ride due to it being the last bus. Not fun) The bus will drop you off in La Romana really anywhere you want to go, but the last stop is Parke Central, just north of Jumbo. Enjoy your 180 ish peso ride.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Def want to try SUP on my next trip.. What's a guided half day cost in a group?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    Def want to try SUP on my next trip.. What's a guided half day cost in a group?
    Ok I hate to sound stupid but what in the world is SUP? I can't for the life of me think of it.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Selltech View Post
    Ok I hate to sound stupid but what in the world is SUP? I can't for the life of me think of it.
    See post #2

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    See post #2
    Yep... I feel stupid! Read it but never read the ().

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Selltech View Post
    Yep... I feel stupid! Read it but never read the ().
    Don't feel bad, I had to go back and look for an explanation too, so I was all ready to answer when you asked

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12