La Romana - Bayahibe DR1 Guide

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Pretty comprehensive and accurate guide to the area. Shame there's no mention that Bayahibe's calm waters offer perfect conditions for the increasingly popular activity of Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)

Last edited by a moderator:

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I paddleboarded on the North Coast a lot in ocean and rivers- I wanted to get to Bayahibe but did not make it. It looks like the perfect place to paddle and have heard good things about it. For the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
It is THE perfect spot especially for beginners. The east coast is too exposed to the wind whilst Bayahibe is much more sheltered, and the water here is beautiful, crystal clear and calm all year round. Hope to SUP with on your next trip :)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Pretty comprehensive and accurate guide to the area. Shame there's no mention that Bayahibe's calm waters offer perfect conditions for the increasingly popular activity of Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)

Will include in the next update!

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thank you Dolores. Let me know if you'd like to try SUP, you are welcome anytime :)

demi56

Jun 2, 2007
bayahibewebcam.com
Pretty good guide, just a little note - Barco Bar doesn't exist anymore, so you can take it off for the next update (restaurants and night spots in Bayahibe :)

agw

Feb 14, 2010
That is a very nice looking guide! We've been in and out of La Romana quite a bit over the last few years and have even looked at a fair number of both lots and houses with an eye to our future retirement. I see a couple of things in the guide that I'd like to check out on our next trip, so Thanks!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
See in the guide in the transportation section. You can catch the regular bus that leaves from near Parque Enriquillo. Most taxis will know where to drop to off to take the bus. The buses leave every half an hour.

demi56

Jun 2, 2007
bayahibewebcam.com
If you are going from the airport, you have to take a taxi to the main road and catch a bus or guagua there. Of course, you can go with the taxi to Santo Domingo city to the bus station, but you are going west instead of east to La Romana, so for me it's going back. If you are going to a resort in La Romana area (actually Bayahibe / Dominicus) you cannot get inside with guagua either, so again you have to use taxi.

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
This is Awesome!!! We are going to La Romana for the first time on our trip next week and we didnt know what was a 'must do'! I asked a friend who has family there and they couldnt give me any ideas/answers! I am printing this now and taking it with us! :D We are taking the family to a resort for 3 nights but want other things to do while in the area to make the most of it, it is about a 3 hr drive from home so we are going to make it worthwhile! Thank you Dolores!:classic:

Fuddzie

Dec 3, 2008
How can I get to La Ramona from Boca Chica other than taxi, going into SD for Caribe/Metro and of course, hitching?

Selltech

Jun 26, 2015
How can I get to la romana from SDQ W/o a taxi? Is there a guagua?
I know this is an old post but for more clarification for those wondering the same thing in the future. The La Romana express (only way to travel) bus stop is located near the Parque Enriquillo in Duarte. It is on the south end of the park (further away from 27 of Feb) but on the North side of China town. It is on the South west corner. PS the bus stop for Higuey is right there also. The La Romana bus stop also has a satellite stop in Sabana Larga on the south side of Las Americas across from the KFC restaurant, but normally around rush hours never has seats available due to filling up first near the park. (I learned the hard way had to sit on my backpack for the 1:45 min ride due to it being the last bus. Not fun) The bus will drop you off in La Romana really anywhere you want to go, but the last stop is Parke Central, just north of Jumbo. Enjoy your 180 ish peso ride.