Foundation HOMS

neural

Dec 12, 2012
Please all of you good dr1 posters give me your feedback. (if off target please advise)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's a well-built structure. I'm sure the foundation was well engineered and constructed. ;)

Feb 7, 2007
I did some digging on your behalf, and I received a confidential information that the foundations of HOMS are off target by 4.5 degrees to the left. It creates real health hazard and the building should never have been completed.

It's a case similar to the building that stands on Malecon by the Maximo Gomez Ave (a Hotel that was never completed because the foundation is also inclined to the left).

Considering that it was the same architect (a Japanese gentlemen by the name of Sr. Hacetoyo) that designed both buildings I really understand your concern.

neural

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Chirimoya: yea, a little vague on the label of the post. The HOMS (Hospital of Metropolitan Santiago) Foundation is a charitable organization that reaches out to the indigent poor of Sanitago, and Cibao region. I have been on several medical missions in service to this organization and have witnessed many great acts performed for those most in need.

Just wondering what, if anything you folks know of this organization. Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I did some digging on your behalf, and I received a confidential information that the foundations of HOMS are off target by 4.5 degrees to the left. It creates real health hazard and the building should never have been completed.

It's a case similar to the building that stands on Malecon by the Maximo Gomez Ave (a Hotel that was never completed because the foundation is also inclined to the left).

Considering that it was the same architect (a Japanese gentlemen by the name of Sr. Hacetoyo) that designed both buildings I really understand your concern.

Those facts are correct, however I think you Have the wrong architect.....

He was Italian, if I recall..... can't quite bring up his name, but he was from Pisa.... definitely, from Pisa.
Specialized in tall buildings........ that stand the test of time