Traveling to Jarabacoa on Friday, April 12, 2013

Mar 11, 2013
Good morning to all - I will be traveling to Jarabacoa on Friday, April 12, 2013 from the Santo Domingo airport. My thoughts are to find an English speaking taxi driver who could show me around the city for an hour or so (what might that cost?) and then drop me off at the Caribe Tours bus terminal around 4 PM to take the 4:30 bus (is that enough advance time to get to the bus terminal?) from there. Does the same bus that goes to La Vega also go on to Jarabacoa? ... or is a transfer to another bus required? I am on an adventure to meet a lady that I have been communicating with for several months. She has been taking conversational English for some time, however I realize that communication will be difficult since I do not speak Spanish. I would like to in that I know it would offer me a much better experience with her and in the country. I would be interested in meeting someone in Santo Domingo and pay them to show me around some prior to catching the bus, if anyone out there has an interest. I am also wanting to make contact with some English speaking folks in Jarabacoa. I know there will be cultural shock and I feel that I probably need some 'support' with regard to getting a grip on the ins and outs of the country and Jarabacoa in particular. So many questions. I appreciate all of the thoughts and help that you have to offer. I really appreciate this site being available. In the future, I hope that I can in turn help others.

Many thanks,
George Fryer
Murrells Inlet, SC

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Welcome to DR1.
Cobraboy and Bob Saunders I believe both live in Jarabacoa and may be able to assist you.

"R"