Well, here I am

ArizonaDave

Jun 18, 2007
After several years of thinking about it, I have finally made the move. I am now living in Samana. What a wondrous place. Every day I find something new and exciting. My name is Dave and I come here from Arizona. I don't that I will find much to not like here. I enjoy having coffee next to the water so I am looking for a place on the malecon.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I have begun the process to find a home in DR - most probably in the Juan Dolio area judging from my research so far. I will be visiting DR next month to begin the physical search. I own property in several parts of the world so I am somewhat familiar with the complexities of buying in forgeign countries. My plan is to move to DR in 2008. I am in the real estate business specializing in land investing. I would like to "sort of" retire when I sell my brokerage next year but I know that I will want to continue to work/invest in real estate. Mostly I would like to spend my mornings at the beach for breakfast. Then spend the days exploring, fishing or just visiting with friends. Is there anyone in the Juan Dolio area who would like to share some thoughts?

Six years ago you said you begun the process to find a home in DR.
What took you so long?

"R"

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

What took you so long?

"R"

Arizona is a great place to live....................
There for 30 years and it has a lot to offer...........
But made the move to the D.R. and don't regret one minute..........
ArizonaDave, you will love it here............

B in Santiago

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Dave

Bienvenido! Hope you enjoy your new way of life. Are you living in Samana City or somewhere else on the peninsula? Good luck.

LTSteve

ArizonaDave

Jun 18, 2007
coffee on the beach

I have had coffee on a beach in the bottom of the Grand Canyon but it is not the same. I am living in Samana
and getting settled in. The only problem I have is that I have no problem

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

What took you so long?

"R"

I don't know the OP... but for someone in real estate, who was looking in 07 for a move in 08, it's not surprising he had to postpone. Three words: Real Estate BUBBLE.

just my guess.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dave", you want "PROBLEMAS"???????
My wife is on the bus to Samana right now!
Your "Problem",..."Problem" is now solved!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And mine TOO!
Thank You Sooooooooooo much!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Best wishes in Samana.

Side story. A few weeks back we went to visit a friend coming in on a cruise ship. I had made arrangements to spend the night in Samana City. After my friend left, my wife said, OK let's go home we have seen all there is to see. So we did not even spend one night there. May your new discoveries be more plentiful while also being pleasant.

(The Chinese restaurant there is quite good.)