Jet Blue 48 Hour Sale - Today/Tomorrow

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
one way el Catey was $208..... about normal......

I always think I'm stealing if I can get it under $200 = >$400 R/T

Never from Canada... thats a $500 R/T all daylong... WestJet

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Never from Canada... thats a $500 R/T all daylong... WestJet

In February I had my mom come for a week, air only on westjet $215 taxes in including return. Toronto to Puerto Plata and back.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thats one on me.... $215 R/t from Canada..... never get that even from NYC..
Nice find....

Was she on the wing? Kidding, just kidding.... undercarriage?.... JK, JK

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Thats one on me.... $215 R/t from Canada..... never get that even from NYC..
Nice find....

Was she on the wing? Kidding, just kidding.... undercarriage?.... JK, JK

84 years old......no not on the wing or baggage compartment.....but she did get wheeled around everywhere by airport porters and a nice bulkhead seat.....I guess it doesn't matter how much you pay

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I got mine deal on redtag. I was just browsin and it showed up. I booked it right away and then called a couple friends to let them know. They tried and couldn't get it. Kept saying there were no more seats available but for 900 bucks seats could be gotten. Just one of those things I guess. I keep looking but as of today ...no luck.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I flew westjet in January and got the return ticket for $79.00 plus tax, went for two weeks,
after tax it was $244.00. How did you possibly get it for less than that? Maybe you flew out of a less expensive airport Thant Toronto. Mine was YYZ to POP return, $244.00 after taxes. Don't think I will ever get that deal again. Westjet also let me bring an led 50" 1080P TV and charged me nothing extra. I don't need luggage, it was my only stowed item. Of course, I was charged at customs but I was fully aware of that and still got my TV to Cabarete for half of what it would have cost, compared to just buying the same TV in Pricesmart.

Nope... they all fly YYZ as far as I know.... POP and AZS are my lands... actually,,never even looked at POP... always AZS.... suits me better.

You Tonto... YYZ to POP for that money was terrific.... I never get deals like that..

WestJet = very good w/ packages / animals.... no surcharge.....50"=WOW.
Big place you got in Cabarete...!!!?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I flew westjet in January and got the return ticket for $79.00 plus tax, went for two weeks,
after tax it was $244.00. How did you possibly get it for less than that? Maybe you flew out of a less expensive airport Thant Toronto. Mine was YYZ to POP return, $244.00 after taxes. Don't think I will ever get that deal again. Westjet also let me bring an led 50" 1080P TV and charged me nothing extra. I don't need luggage, it was my only stowed item. Of course, I was charged at customs but I was fully aware of that and still got my TV to Cabarete for half of what it would have cost, compared to just buying the same TV in Pricesmart.

LEDis the way to go..... I doubt WestJet cares about LED or 1080... they fixate on the 50"

BTW, the 1080 only delivers if your feed is 1080... check to see you get 1080 here (RD).... otherwise, less whatevers for you....

Still, nice haul

May 17, 2011
Whats going on with these prices right now? I booked in December on united from EWR to POP and paid 486 from march 4-10. I am now checking to come back and I am not finding anything close to those prices. I am even checking flights into STI and SDQ. I guess with the summer travel season upon us airlines aren't having many sales. I will wait until after labor day and hopefully get a deal. I have noticed the past few years about a week or so after labor day prices normally drop. Is there any truth to that?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I don't think you can count on any trends. Technology has grown to where pricing is now dynamic in many areas. The carriers can change prices from hour to hour, depending on supply, demand, and other pricing factors (fuel, etc.). The best one can do is watch the prices and jump on it when it looks good. Never try to "chase" the lowest price... you'll be burned more often than not.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Obviously, this sale is over..... I booked Mar 23 for a May 1 flight (not in the sale) and paid $232, one way AZS to JFK

The airlines have this pricing pretty well figured out.

Remember when you used to be on a plane and spare seats around you?
That seldom happens any more..... when flights fly full, the airline is in charge.