WOW did not see this coming (gun)

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
WOW it was only a joke about my bird..I wrote this is what I do when my birds lose a fight (joking)lol But as far as a gun..I have a little store and cafe pick up $$$ at nite..Do you people understand people here sometimes do not eat for 2 days..I do show my gun I really believe they think about robbing me, when they see it..Do you people have any idea how many people have guns here??? I learn about guns hunting with my dad..I learned about guns fighting for my country..I learned about guns from my 2 brothers that are police in Boston..1 came back from the war in 69 and was spit on..I have 2 of my cousins sons fighting now..You people know NOTHING about me and my family..Live you good lifes in the USA think about why it is so good...

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your service BUT that gun that you displayed is worth about $RD150,000. That makes the gun itself a small portable fortune worth more than any income you generate. If you have "your girls" also armed you are begging for a tragedy. If you shoot someone, shoot at all or even display in a threatening manner you will be jailed no if and or buts. If the firearms are not registered you are in even more trouble. The civil implications alone are huge. Best of luck.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I just love it when speak out against guns in the dr, u guess they havent spent much time outside the AI..... Im not a gun lover(dont think I would post a picture of myself with my guns) but anyone who owns a buisness or a nice house would have to be daft not to own a couple of guns.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand your points about the good life in the USA being backed up on firepower. No argument on that. Sorry to hear about your return from war and being spat upon. People on almost any forum will find things to criticize, poke fun at, etc. Yes, "it happens everywhere" and even more on DR1.

However, for someone who understands guns as well as you do, it should be obvious that one should only point a gun at something one intends to shoot with that gun. I live in the DR and own guns.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
to santiago, ure right its a small fortune, but for us pueblo a 15 000 peso escopeta is just fine. hope never to use against someone, but in the campo ure on ure own if a couple of tiguerrasso deceide to rob ure house or jack ure car....better safe than sorry( or dead for that matter). respond in appropriate manner: if a drunk te molesta gas him or shock him( hand held stun guns). if some tiguerre attacks ure home, family or car let them have it with buckshot and 9mm and then burry them in conuco!!!!!!!!!

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your service BUT that gun that you displayed is worth about $RD150,000. That makes the gun itself a small portable fortune worth more than any income you generate. If you have "your girls" also armed you are begging for a tragedy. If you shoot someone, shoot at all or even display in a threatening manner you will be jailed no if and or buts. If the firearms are not registered you are in even more trouble. The civil implications alone are huge. Best of luck.
WOW you are right on everything it cost 160,000..We all took classes and they are all registered..But what you are not right on is this is the D.R. that is one reason I am here..I have a paper from someone in my area San Predro..Police do not bother..This is a 3rd world country...Please do not take me wrong I do NOT look or want drama in my life.A few police were at my casa last nite people here do NOT understand your thinking..It is not the USA...

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
billy ray - sounds like you are mostly doing things the right way. I have one too and it is also registered properly so that is the first thing. However a threat, just a simple threat, can really be a legal hassle here on the civil side. That is one point from SantiagueroRD you need to pay attention to. Just be careful not to be pointing it at people or showing it in any way that can be considered threatening. Someone could run to the local prosecutor and open a case very easily if they wanted to try to get some money from you. Best to keep it tucked away until you need to use it and hopefully that day will never come.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
By the way, it is illegal in the DR to carry your side arm exposed. While you may think flashing it to warn others is a good idea, it can cause you problems as others have tried to let you know.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
..This is a 3rd world country....A few police were at my casa last nite people here do NOT understand your thinking..It is not the USA...

No it's not the USA and above all others the police are the ones you need to worry the most about. :)

How long have you lived in the DR?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
WOW it was only a joke about my bird..I wrote this is what I do when my birds lose a fight (joking)lol But as far as a gun..I have a little store and cafe pick up $$$ at nite..Do you people understand people here sometimes do not eat for 2 days..I do show my gun I really believe they think about robbing me, when they see it..Do you people have any idea how many people have guns here??? I learn about guns hunting with my dad..I learned about guns fighting for my country..I learned about guns from my 2 brothers that are police in Boston..1 came back from the war in 69 and was spit on..I have 2 of my cousins sons fighting now..You people know NOTHING about me and my family..Live you good lifes in the USA think about why it is so good...

Why is this idiot starting a new thread for everything...

Flashing a gun... Not cool... In any country.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Billy,

Do not take this the wrong way. I want to apologize before hand. I work in a bar, so i hear a lot of crap all day...been listening to it for 31 years now.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you are younger then say...63...how on earth were you in Vietnam in 1969...assuming you were 20 when you got out of Vietnam in 69? You look much younger then 63yrs old in your picture. What's the secret? Can i have it? You look great!

I'll wait for your answer, and then i'll tell you what i know about guns here in the DR. My cousin, Ivan Genao, owns two guns stores here on the island: one is in San Francisco de Macoris (downtown)--the name is "Tu Closet. The second is in Bonao, next to the police station---although that might be closed now.

Frank

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Billy,

Again, if you are around 63, then i just want to apologize. You have to understand, i listen to a lot of bull**** all day. Basically, i listen to bull**** 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, 160 hours a month. I get buried in it for three days sometimes before i find my way out.

Frank

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Billy,

Again, if you are around 63, then i just want to apologize. You have to understand, i listen to a lot of bull**** all day. Basically, i listen to bull**** 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, 160 hours a month. I get buried in it for three days sometimes before i find my way out.

Frank

By his picture I would dare to guess that he is around that or more.

How old are you Frank?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
By his picture I would dare to guess that he is around that or more.

How old are you Frank?

I'm 49yrs old.

Maybe i was looking at the wrong picture then. I saw a guy at Hard Rock with a girl and a Sea Otter in the pool that looked around my age, maybe slightly older.

Whatever his secret is, i want it!!

Frank

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'm 49yrs old.

Maybe i was looking at the wrong picture then. I saw a guy at Hard Rock with a girl and a Sea Otter in the pool that looked around my age, maybe slightly older.

Frank

But you should still tell him about the gun stories,who knows? it could save his life.;) I would like to hear them!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012

Oh, come on, Frank!
All that adrenaline on those twisting mountain roads on bikes...
All those late night shifts...
And then, there's the redhead you told us about....

I'm sure Billy lives a much quieter life...;)

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
As always or at least some of the time Frank is on track. I am a Vietnam Vet and I never have heard any of us refer to the people spitting on us or saying "when I came back from the war". Or Nam for that matter. Also the vocabulary and grammar seem to have markedly improved. Frank rarely refers to his schooling in Buckeye land but that must be the reason for his insight! It is possible to have been as young as 61 but RA 17 year olds were not in country.

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
As always or at least some of the time Frank is on track. I am a Vietnam Vet and I never have heard any of us refer to the people spitting on us or saying "when I came back from the war". Or Nam for that matter. Also the vocabulary and grammar seem to have markedly improved. Frank rarely refers to his schooling in Buckeye land but that must be the reason for his insight! It is possible to have been as young as 61 but RA 17 year olds were not in country.
If you read what I wrote..I never said I was in Vietnam...Read what I wrote and for being spit on WOW I do alot for the Vets in San Diego CA..So you are saying they are Not speacking the truth..All the story they talk about when they upon up..OK YOU ARE RIGHT I AM SURE..

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
Billy,

Do not take this the wrong way. I want to apologize before hand. I work in a bar, so i hear a lot of crap all day...been listening to it for 31 years now.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you are younger then say...63...how on earth were you in Vietnam in 1969...assuming you were 20 when you got out of Vietnam in 69? You look much younger then 63yrs old in your picture. What's the secret? Can i have it? You look great!

I'll wait for your answer, and then i'll tell you what i know about guns here in the DR. My cousin, Ivan Genao, owns two guns stores here on the island: one is in San Francisco de Macoris (downtown)--the name is "Tu Closet. The second is in Bonao, next to the police station---although that might be closed now.

Frank
I am 58 yrs. and if you read what I wrote..I never said I was in VIETNAM..I just read it again WOW some people just Do Not trust..I do understand it takes me a long time to trust too..

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
If you read his original post he says....I have 2 brothers in Boston police. 1 came back from war in 69 and was spat one.....You probably read the 1 (one) as I as in me....