Planning Airline Flights

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Okay. Supposing I buy a round-trip from the states to DR and back with a return date out to six months because I know I'll have to be back to the states at that time. If at anytime during the 6 months in DR a situation should arise that would require my return to the states for a short period, could I buy a round-trip ticket from DR to the US and back without compromising my original round-trip ticket plan?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I don't see how one could affect the other. Immigration is just going to look at your entrances and exits... the airline isn't going to care if you sandwich other flights between the ones you already have. I don't know where the problem would be.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You can make as many reservations as you would like. Are you on the run or just under the witness protection program. I think the airlines can give a special rate if you disclose this fact. Seriously. You sound like you are complicating the situation. Why would you want to buy that far in advance. You probably are not going to get a better deal.

LTSteve

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They say the best deals are 90 days in advance... but the window is small...

As for wedging a R/T flight in between your original itinerary, sure - you're able to do that.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
I think in the witness protection program, the govt picks up the flights..lol

You can make as many reservations as you would like. Are you on the run or just under the witness protection program. I think the airlines can give a special rate if you disclose this fact. Seriously. You sound like you are complicating the situation. Why would you want to buy that far in advance. You probably are not going to get a better deal.

LTSteve

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013

LTSteve

Although I consider myself as running, I'm not on the run in the traditional sense. It's all about contingency, and trying to control cost, that is, if I know that I will need to make a few trips back and forth, I don't want to have to change return flight at an extra cost. Savvy?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Although I consider myself as running, I'm not on the run in the traditional sense. It's all about contingency, and trying to control cost, that is, if I know that I will need to make a few trips back and forth, I don't want to have to change return flight at an extra cost. Savvy?

"Punny" comments aside; the answer to your original posts is you can do what you want without a problem.