Used Inverter and 2 Batteries Needed

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am looking to purchase a used and functioning 1.0 or 1.5 Inverter with 2 good batteries.
I have know a family for years that live in the Campo and lately the energy has been off everyday up to 20 hours at a time. One of the women is pregnant and there will be a baby soon. One of the family members knows how to install so that part is covered. Will also need a welder that will travel with me to the Campo to build a security cage for the 2 batteries. Any help or contact information will be greatly appreciated. Taking one day at a time in Paradise..........

Thank you,
Barry

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Save some $$$$$$,....Get the "BOX" built where you live, take it with you,(No Welder Needed!) and they can install it there.
It the "BOX" really necessary???
I've heard right here on DR1, that "Campesinos" don't steal :bandit::bandit::bandit:from their neighbors!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
CC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Trust me - the box is necessary. Waytogo, you can buy them premade. Don't forget to bring a padlock with you too, and a gallon of battery water.

Pablo29

Mar 23, 2013
I am looking to purchase a used and functioning 1.0 or 1.5 Inverter with 2 good batteries.
I have know a family for years that live in the Campo and lately the energy has been off everyday up to 20 hours at a time. One of the women is pregnant and there will be a baby soon. One of the family members knows how to install so that part is covered. Will also need a welder that will travel with me to the Campo to build a security cage for the 2 batteries. Any help or contact information will be greatly appreciated. Taking one day at a time in Paradise..........

Thank you,
Barry

B in Santiago

2 batteries??? Is that just for one light bulb?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
2 batteries??? Is that just for one light bulb?

The young lady that is having the baby is in a little add on to the main house, but not accessible to the main house. It has one separate entry door which faces the street. NO windows and NO security door. At night when there is no energy, it is pitch black inside and she cannot open the front (only) door for light. Two batteries will be enough for light, 1 fan, and a small TV. This will be an absolute necessity when the baby is born. The inverter will not be for the entire house, just for her room.
If her family could afford, everything would be different. Just trying to help out as much as I can..............

B in Santiago