Little things that make me admire Danilo

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Danilo Medina has been impressing me with some little things that he does.
-I like his impromptude trips around the island to the smaller towns
-I like that he's not abrasive and a lover of the spotlight
-I like that he's keeping his time to a minimum outside the country (he flew to venezuela in the a.m and came back same day after Chavez's funeral and the same it is for the elections inauguration)
-How about those bright yellow markers on the road from Puerto Plata to Santiago...simple but effective for night driving (No reason why this couldnt have been done earlier by the previous administration)
-I like the talk of increased wages for law enforcement
-I like the education commitment with dollars that if continued might actually make a change

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The road lines on pop santiago road, with the catseyes are just great. And the road was tared again. I dont know who to thank but its great.
Just need drivers to understand full line no overtaking and we just might not risk our lives every time we travel on that the road at night.

I m a bit sceptic about thoese yellow speed bumps things, they dont serve much purpose, u just fly over them.......

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
I admire Danilo as well. yes, I disliked the fact that the purple mafia won, but Danilo is different. When I was in Salcedo, for a week, there was a repavement of the carretera Duarte, where my mother have her house. I was observing these men working day and night to complete their task. I heard that Danilo was going to make a surprise visit in the area to see if the construction workers were dong their job. The carretera looks wonderful now, but them motorcyclists and motorists, are speeding more than ever. Even crossing the carretera to the other side is a risk.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I m a bit sceptic about thoese yellow speed bumps things, they dont serve much purpose, u just fly over them.......

I dont like them on what basically a highway, ironically thats why they cant be too high because then it just becomes a danger by creating accidents.....but at least they are attempting to implement some changes

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
His punctuality is particularly impressive, especially after Leonel, who was habitually an hour late for everything. This has caught more than one bureaucrat walking into an activity AFTER the President was seated! Faux pas!!

Still early, but he has a bunch of "true believers" around him and some of them were very wealthy before they came on the scene--Montalvo, Castillo ...

Let's see where it goes.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i heard a story from a businessman visited by danilo... he received a call... danilo on the line... is it a good moment for a visit? the guy, surprised, says: why, yes. 40 minutes later two jeeps arrive with danilo and his security. two cars, just a handful of people. danilo in normal clothing.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There are reports of Danilo driving in the capital by himself, or just a tiny, one-car contingent.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I agree, Danillo is doing and saying all the right things. By making these trips to isolated areas, people feel that they are important and getting attention from the Gov. This is a great strategy. Who do you think they will vote for next time around. The one politico that paid attention to them. I think he is honestly trying to solve many problems. If he can solve the electricity problem in the next 4 years he will have it made in the shade. If he keeps his nose clean and out of controversy he will have no problem serving 2 terms.

LTSteve

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
admirable is also the fact that he went to the funeral of Chavez in Venezuela, and came back the same day. Fernandez would have taken 800 friends and relatives on a world tour, flown them all in first class, and spent two weeks. then he would announce that he went to discuss business matters abroad, and that we could expect a million tourists from San Marino every year.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"All Sizzle,but No Steak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All those above, are more than wipped out by "Same Oi' Same Ol'"!!!!
No water, no "Luz",no supplies in the hospitals,crime epidemic spreads, prices waaaaaaaaaaay UP,and worst of all, Yet Another one BILLION US Dollars in international debt.
His "Nice Guy" image, is just THAT,....."IMAGE"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Waiting for a 1,300 peso water truck here in Arroyo Hondo to fill my cistern!
Yet I can drive all around town and watch water flowing in the streets from broken pipes.
No hope here UNTIL a General decides to make thing RIGHT!!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Paraphrased from a comment I saw on a newspaper article: Danilo con su carita de pendejo nos sigue jodiendo como sea.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
347acdd.jpg