seafood

devdev

May 14, 2011
does anyone know/has been to any good seafood restaurants in Santo Domingo that aren't super expensive???

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
La llave del Mar has been good, it's at the eastern end of themalecon just before the big statue of the man calling out to sea.

Mr AE took me there on our very first date on 1975, so we go back there regularly. If you go try their cazuela de marisco

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
On the Calle Mella, just after the MEga Centro crossing, driving towards Savanna Larga, there is alarge grain mill on your left just before the Isla petrol station,...turn right, and in front of you where the road forks to the right is a small seafood restaurant with palmetta roof. The mero is to die for, and the lambi vinaigrette even better ! Very good value and always fresh.

There is also Mero plaza i think near the charles de Gaul crossing again on Calle Mella .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think it's "Marisco Centro", they have a really huge one in Santiago.
I LOVE "Suli's" off Churchill, across from the original "Price Mart"!
I have wealthy friends, so I have never paid.
But It's Worth whatever they pay!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Calamari Frito" to die for!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Take a weekend and go to Las Terrenas. The catch is brought in every morning. There is a small very unsophisticated beach restaurant behind the cemetary in LT. They have the freshest Mero or Chillo you will ever taste or go to Luis's Restaurant on the beach at Coson. Everything is a la planca and outstanding plus you are sitting on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and drinking Pina Coladas right from a hollowed out pina.

LTSteve