Orange SMS Spam

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
I literally get around 100 messages a day on my Android, all from short codes, all advertising discounts on prepaid services. I have to click through and cancel a dozen or more at a time to use my phone. I showed a salesperson in an Orange store what I go through but he was unable to do or suggest anything. Any suggestions?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Looks like your phone number is in some spam database, I would switch to another number.

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
I literally get around 100 messages a day on my Android, all from short codes, all advertising discounts on prepaid services. I have to click through and cancel a dozen or more at a time to use my phone. I showed a salesperson in an Orange store what I go through but he was unable to do or suggest anything. Any suggestions?

I get that too. They are not really SMS messages, they done thru a APP, built in the SIM card, which is sent by Orange. Usually your option is OK or Cancel, and if you Cancel it comes up again, and again.

On my Nexus 4 (Android) phone I just hit the Home button and it goes away. If you hit cancel, it can take a while.

Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a way to turn this crap off on most phones. Someone did for me on a Claro line. You need to dig deep in settings for this.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I get a text on Orange every day about the latest of Dominican happenings in MLB. I call him "my fren." But I do wish he'd "fren" somewhere else...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While, thank God, I do not receive these things, yesterday it was quite noticiable that Orange service was out-at least in the Santiago area-and today it is back on.
?????????

HB

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
Were you in an Orange store, or one of the thousands of little Orange distributor kiosks? Have you called Orange customer service? (*555, IIRC)

They can stop them if you request it.

I was in an Orange store, but it was a powerless franchisee. I will try this when I have an hour to spend on hold. My Spanish isn't good enough to explain this problem and it's a long haul waiting for an English customer service rep. Thank you!