How is Danilo doing?

How do you rate Danilo Medina's rule thus far?

• Excellent

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Good

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Fair

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Satisfactory

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It has been over half a year since Danilo took control of the country. This is more than enough time to have an idea of what his presidency will be like, assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens in the next three or so years.

How do you rate Danilo's style?

Is it better or worst than Leonel? What about compared to Hipolito?

What has disappointed you of Danilo's rule thus far?

Do you think much will be accomplished during the next three or so years?

Has your opinion changed about Margarita based on her actions as vice president?

Discuss...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A few videos of his administration (in Spanish):

Plan to Reduce Crime
[video=youtube;iXKVShO_ebU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKVShO_ebU[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
His opinion on the Metro of Santo Domingo
[video=youtube;f7mEm70A4qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mEm70A4qo[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
His Opinion Regarding the New Cibao-Sur Highway
[video=youtube;4VKsV-xjxBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKsV-xjxBU[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Literacy Campaign
[video=youtube;cSeBAsYTxmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSeBAsYTxmg[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Efforts to Increase the Popularity of Football (Soccer)
[video=youtube;sgrDSKXcrbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrDSKXcrbc[/video]

Etc, etc, etc...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It has been over half a year since Danilo took control of the country. This is more than enough time to have an idea of what his presidency will be like, assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens in the next three or so years.

How do you rate Danilo's style?

Is it better or worst than Leonel? What about compared to Hipolito?

What has disappointed you of Danilo's rule thus far?

Do you think much will be accomplished during the next three or so years?

Has your opinion changed about Margarita based on her actions as vice president?

Discuss...

i would say that Danilo is doing an admirable job, given the constraints within which he finds himself. he has the advantage of relative assessment; compared to two of the absolute worst presidents in world history, Fernandez and Mejia, he benefits from comparison

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
As i said in another thread, I admire his governing style. It's 100% better than the two previous Presidents. I am dissapointed that he has not quickly implemented increased wages and higher hiring standards for the police security forces. I am pessimistic that much will be achieved only because this is the R.D and finally .... as for the new V.P she is smart enough to stay out of the limelight for now ( H.Clinton like)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I think his gov seems more transparent than his predessor. He needs to get a handle on the electricity problem. No more excuses as to why they can't collect enough from those who do not wish to pay. Pay or you are cut off. It will take him two terms to get the DR back on track fiscally.

LTSteve

Chuu

Jun 19, 2013
I think he has really good intentions to do the things right. Hopefully he isn't a puppet or a thief with suit as Leonel was.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
time to up this poll, next week will mark one year anniversary, dr1ers had more time to see what danilo's been up to.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
everyone is running a story on danilo, on the account of completing the first year of presidency (on the 16th). let me look for few things worth posting....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Until he does something about the electricity situation, the worst problem in the country, he remains yet another bad President to me.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Bad. He has yet to solve ONE of the many, many problems plaguing this country. Mucha espuma y poco chocolate, he seems to be headed into that direction.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
He's performed above my expectations.

It's difficult to change any political culture in a year, but so far he seems to be giving it a serious try.

It's little things like being prompt to meetings and traveling without a massive entourage that make small, but solid, changes in perception.

Tough job.

PLUS: he has Leonel looking over his shoulder...

May 12, 2005
He's performed above my expectations.

It's difficult to change any political culture in a year, but so far he seems to be giving it a serious try.

It's little things like being prompt to meetings and traveling without a massive entourage that make small, but solid, changes in perception.

Tough job.

PLUS: he has Leonel looking over his shoulder...

CB is right. I like his sincerity and especially his unannounced visits to government offices and facilities. Unfortunately his hands are somewhat tied by having the wife of vagabundo Leonel watching his every step. Also the financial mess left by the aforementioned Leonel. I would say that overall his first year has been good but the political deck is stacked against him.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Exactly, This guy is decent only in comparison to the SH!T before him. The bar was set so low!

"hiring standards" Just take all the civil service exams from NYC, translate into Spanish and start hiring qualified personnel. Of course with so much corruption the answer keys will be for sale, even Dominican High School students buy the exams from their teachers. What hard stand has Danilo taken on corruption? He is BAD plain and simple.

As i said in another thread, I admire his governing style. It's 100% better than the two previous Presidents. I am dissapointed that he has not quickly implemented increased wages and higher hiring standards for the police security forces. I am pessimistic that much will be achieved only because this is the R.D and finally .... as for the new V.P she is smart enough to stay out of the limelight for now ( H.Clinton like)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Exactly, This guy is decent only in comparison to the SH!T before him. The bar was set so low!

"hiring standards" Just take all the civil service exams from NYC, translate into Spanish and start hiring qualified personnel. Of course with so much corruption the answer keys will be for sale, even Dominican High School students buy the exams from their teachers. What hard stand has Danilo taken on corruption? He is BAD plain and simple.

Sure they do, that's why they have such a high failure rate.