Duarte La Pelicula (Duarte The Movie) El Hombre de los sue?os, (The man of Dreams)

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello everyone, how are you all? Okay I looked around at a lot of different topics and wasn't really sure where to post this or to inquire about it. Since I didn't find a true category for this subject I decided to post it here and since I don't know if someone has started this thread or not, I started one. I have been seeing advertisements and getting messages about the film about our founding father Duarte. I thought at once it was done and I go find it, watch and maybe purchase it. Then I found another site that says its just started filming in Enero(January). I really hope that some one know more about this and can help me and all of us out as the advertisements look tremendous.:nervous: Thanks in advance and I do know that there is a facebook site for this subject which I will try to list here, https://www.facebook.com/duarte.lapelicula?fref=ts Look forward to seeing the response If I can get any. Take care and God bless, :laugh::beard: Biggs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
One of the greatest man to have ever lived!

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
“Duarte, El hombre de los sue?os” se pondr? en pantalla gigante en todos los cines nacionales a partir del mes de septiembre de 2013.

from this page: Rodar?n pel?cula de la vida de Duarte

Hola, dv8, muchas gracias, pero ahora estoy en los Estados Unidos y me preguntaba si no estar?a mostrando aqu? :cry:. Supongo k s?lo tendr? k hacer un viaje a casa en septiembre :D, ja, ja, ja Great enlace tambi?n, gracias otra vez y cuidar muy bien, k Dios los bendiga
Biggs

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello again everyone, I too agree that Duarte is one of the great men of history, and one of the greatest of all countries and times. I just wonder why so many great men, such as he, or either not known or there stories or not told in United States. Film makers are looking for great ideas all the time and I was thinking maybe I should write some screen plays and submit them. Maybe I could open their eyes? ja, ja, ja Thanks for the help again, take care all, and God bless
Biggs

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hello again everyone, I too agree that Duarte is one of the great men of history, and one of the greatest of all countries and times. I just wonder why so many great men, such as he, or either not known or there stories or not told in United States. Film makers are looking for great ideas all the time and I was thinking maybe I should write some screen plays and submit them. Maybe I could open their eyes? ja, ja, ja Thanks for the help again, take care all, and God bless
Biggs

Duarte was a great man and one of my heroes, but very little known outside The DR. Unfortunately the film industry is a business after all trying to make a profit, so a movie like this would probably have to be some kind of privately financed independent film. If/Once it gets made then I could see how there could be some backlash against the Duarte figure due to him kicking the Haitians out of what's currently The DR and due to the current Haitian situation. People tend not to put things in context of historical times and will see that the "this guy kicked out the poor Haitians", when in fact at that time it was the other way around - The Haitians were the strong ones and we were the ones being oppressed.

If they ever made a movie of him though I would want him to be represented as real as possible, not the "perfect" Duarte. I'm sure like any other person in the world he had his flaws, so I would want to see that too and of course bad @ss Francisco del Rosario Sanchez and the man who started it all by firing the first shot when everyone was hesitating Ramon Matias Mella. I don't think you can make a movie of one without the others.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Any movie about Duarte and/or Dominican independence at the very least has to start in 1821, when we finally decided that parting ways from Spain was a good idea (before then Dominicans were separated from Spain without consultation) and literally two months later Jean Pierre Boyer invaded the country with thousands of well trained military men and "broke a deal" with C?ceres et al. Of course, the two months old independent country didn't even had a military yet, so it was a given that a deal was going to be made when a bunch of unarmed men are surrounded by thousands that are armed.

It must also end in the 1920s (including all the post-independence Haitian military invasion attempts and the returning back to Spain and later restoration) when we lost the Guava Valley to the Haitians in order to put an end to the border dispute and establish the current central portion of the border.

A timeline that starts much later than 1821 and/or ends in 1844 will simply not put things in the right context.

Pe?a Batlle was right when he said the DR had the longest fight for independence of any country in the Western Hemisphere, because of the subsequent military invasion attempts by Haiti that occurred well into the 1850s. Haitian "Emperor" Faustin Soloulouque (I'm sure his surname is not spelled correctly) supposedly said that if his invasion attempt of Santo Domingo was a successful, not even the chickens were going to be left alive. Thank goodness his attempt was a flop, because it was going to be 1805 all over again, but this time done "right."