5 months in the DR with some small questions about activities

spiral

May 2, 2013
Hi I having been living here in Santo domingo and have some questions about activities and other things. I speak basic to decent spanish but any where I could do these activities English would be great also.

Is there anywhere to learn to fly ultralights or weight shifted trikes here?

Is there any where close to the city that does deep sea fishing trips?

Looking to learn to sail, is there any where close to the city that does sailing lessons or ASA certification?

Does any one mountian Bike is so where is a good and inexspesive place to buy a mountian bike? What easy trails do you use close to the city?

Motorcycles and ATV's: Is there such thing as a low priced motorcycle or ATV. Price appear to be 2/3 thirds more than the US if not double ... Looking to ride off road ...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your list of "Activities" are all things that "Los Ricos" do here in the DR.
They all cost a lot more money to enjoy here in the DR.
Stop at a store that sells "ATVs", they must know who/where they ride them.
They are all available, except I never saw any "Ultra Lights".
Maybe the "Drug Control Agency" doesn't like them.
Or, they all took a "One Way" flight to Puerto Rico
As Mike Fisher about the charters out of SD.
I have MANY friends who went "Out", they all came back with a sunburn, but no fish.
Cris Colon

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Is there anywhere to learn to fly ultralights or weight shifted trikes here?
Dr. Douglas Bournigal, the cardiologist, has flown these. I would give him a call. Tel 809 481-0555 or his secretary at 809 381-0105. He speaks perfect English.

Is there any where close to the city that does deep sea fishing trips? Marina Zar Par (809 523-5858) and Santo Domingo Yacht Club would be places where to start, both in Andres, Boca Chica, near the Las Americas International Airport.

Looking to learn to sail, is there any where close to the city that does sailing lessons or ASA certification? Excellent sailing instruction at the Santo Domingo Yacht Club. World class sailors are prepared there. Club N?utico de Santo Domingo Inc.

Does any one mountian Bike is so where is a good and inexspesive place to buy a mountian bike? What easy trails do you use close to the city? There is a very active mountain biking community in the Dominican Republic. This is a paradise for mountain biking, but best to join the group that does these tours. I will get you the contact and post later here.

Motorcycles and ATV's: Is there such thing as a low priced motorcycle or ATV. Price appear to be 2/3 thirds more than the US if not double ... Looking to ride off road ...[/QUOTE] Get involved with the mountain biking community and they should have some contacts for you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I suspect, for the mountain bike, you would do much better contacting a door to door delivery service out of New York or Miami and importing exactly what you want.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We bought two of our mountain bikes second hand from Planet Bike in 2005 at very reasonable prices and they are still in good condition.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you hurt your back from mountain bike falls, remember to call your local Dr1 chiropractor first. :)
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
For flying, contact Flying Tony in Jarabacoa. I'll bet he knows about the various clubs around the country. He does paragliding and the powered parasailing off Jamaca de Dios...

Flying Tony

spiral

May 2, 2013
Thanks I know Tony and most of the paragliders. They are all nice guys. I even did a powered paramotor here in Santo domingo recently with Rocket Power Group.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's "GOOD" to paraglide, keeps you and your Amigos Ricos" above the poor Dominicanos here on earth!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC