Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "What about your saucepans?" update

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "What about your saucepans?" update

Taking the advice of Cris Colon, I now have an advertisement in the classified section of DR1 and I can update you about the progress of the book.

The book is selling well, with over 50 five star reviews on line. To be honest, I had no idea so much was involved in the marketing, and most of it is now done on line so here is the latest update.

1. For those of you who haven't bought the book but want an idea of what it is like, you can read excerpts here: What about your saucepans. This site also has a glossary of the main terms used, for those of you who read the book and want more information, plus some FAQs. If anyone has any questions having read the book then let me know and I will include them in the FAQ.

2. The book is also on goodreads at What about Your Saucepans? by Lindsay De Feliz - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists so anyone who is a member there, please review or say you want to read it!

3. I have had an interview published here Lindsay's deep diving and this site also has a great expat writing competition where you can win 1,500 euros so well worth entering.

4. Another interview here, with Aunt Clara on her Dominican cooking site My Dominican food: Lindsay de Féliz - writer - Dominican Cooking

There are more interviews and articles in the pipeline. Thanks to all of you who have bought it so far!

Matilda

2. Dislikes cultch, Hector L, jstarebel disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another interview here: What About Your Saucepans? - Dominican Republic - Expat Books | ExpatFocus.com

Article about helping a Haitian woman to give birth here: Haitian Birth : British Expat Community

Article about off the beaten track places in the DR here: Off the Beaten Track in the Dominican Republic

Matilda

4. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Matilda
    What I'm wondering, is the case settled with the protagonists from the south coast ? They have at last let your family in peace ? Apparently you don't need to hide anymore :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salsafan View Post
    Hi Matilda
    What I'm wondering, is the case settled with the protagonists from the south coast ? They have at last let your family in peace ? Apparently you don't need to hide anymore :-)
    I wish re hiding. The court case is ongoing. I can't reveal all or there goes Chapter One of next book (!) suffice it to say total vindication on the cards, but the B**tards won't give up without a fight. We have won the case but they are appealing.

mat

7. Likes raquelbelle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And if torrents are getting book free then thank goodness no! From the price the book sells for, US$12.60 I have to pay the print cost which is roughly US$5 a book. From what is remaining Amazon.com gets 70%, Amazon.co.uk gets 30% (Net Book agreement in the UK). From what is left my publisher gets 40%, so as you can see, yours truly makes next to nothing. Given the cost of publishing a book (you pay for editor, designer, proof reader, initial publishing set up costs), let alone the blood, sweat, tears and - in my case - the risk, then I don't think it is too much to ask people if they would like to buy it.

Have you read it yet Hlywud? If not, you should. You might enjoy it!

matilda

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Matilda, keep on fighting.
    And I'm waiting for your next book !

10. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice foto of you on the "Expat site"!
    ALMOST as beautiful as you are in person.
    The foto can't show your wonderful personality!
    Tom
    Do they have an XXXX rated site where I can post????
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

12. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just loved your book

14. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I very much enjoyed your book which I purchased through amazon. I read every one of your blog posts and laughed and teared. I have shared your blog with my dominican friends in US and they have all responded positively. I find myself thinking about your family. I want to hear more about your stepsons and that little boy. I, for one, love the cat doors!

16. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    And if torrents are getting book free then thank goodness no! From the price the book sells for, US$12.60 I have to pay the print cost which is roughly US$5 a book. From what is remaining Amazon.com gets 70%, Amazon.co.uk gets 30% (Net Book agreement in the UK). From what is left my publisher gets 40%, so as you can see, yours truly makes next to nothing. Given the cost of publishing a book (you pay for editor, designer, proof reader, initial publishing set up costs), let alone the blood, sweat, tears and - in my case - the risk, then I don't think it is too much to ask people if they would like to buy it.

matilda
    Is there any way to buy the book directly from you? I'd rather do that if Amazon is taking such a big cut.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast