Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "What about your saucepans?" update

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gitana- View Post
    Is there any way to buy the book directly from you? I'd rather do that if Amazon is taking such a big cut.
    Friends have them for sale in Sosua, Punta Cana and the capital.

Matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

in sosua I have a few copies and I believe rockies also have some

3. Likes sosuamatt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"What about your saucepans?" is now the top rated booked in the Caribbean Travel section (Kindle) in the USA!

Amazon.com Top Rated: The best in Caribbean Travel based on Amazon customer reviews

Thanks to everyone who bought it and especially those who gave it a review.

Matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Matilda, your book is a must have for anybody considering a move to the DR. I am so amazed at how much you know about the Dominican culture. You describe the good and the bad about everyday living, you don't sugar coat it, you tell it like it is.

6. Likes Matilda, amstellite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another update.

Official review of the book on onlinebookclub here

Official Review: What About Your Saucepans? • View topic • Book & Reading Discussion Forum

And a video interview with me here

Escape the Rat Race to Pursue a Dream

Please note I had no idea the interview would be videoed or recorded - had just got out of the shower and so didn't instruct people in house to keep quiet and out of sight. You can hear Chivirico singing outside, and, even worse, you can see Hector without his shirt on mopping behind me (at just over 10 minutes)!

Matilda

8. Likes bronzeallspice, Abuela liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the video, brought the book back to me, as well as the experiences; you did a great job in the interview. Bravo!

10. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Taking the advice of Cris Colon, I now have an advertisement in the classified section of DR1 and I can update you about the progress of the book.

The book is selling well, with over 50 five star reviews on line. To be honest, I had no idea so much was involved in the marketing, and most of it is now done on line so here is the latest update.

1. For those of you who haven't bought the book but want an idea of what it is like, you can read excerpts here: What about your saucepans. This site also has a glossary of the main terms used, for those of you who read the book and want more information, plus some FAQs. If anyone has any questions having read the book then let me know and I will include them in the FAQ.

2. The book is also on goodreads at What about Your Saucepans? by Lindsay De Feliz - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists so anyone who is a member there, please review or say you want to read it!

3. I have had an interview published here Lindsay's deep diving and this site also has a great expat writing competition where you can win 1,500 euros so well worth entering.

4. Another interview here, with Aunt Clara on her Dominican cooking site My Dominican food: Lindsay de Féliz - writer - Dominican Cooking

There are more interviews and articles in the pipeline. Thanks to all of you who have bought it so far!

Matilda
    Matilda, i bought the book on saturday, and i can say this, in all candor; in all my many years on this planet, i have never read anything as wonderful as this book. i am only up to chapter 2, because i have a visiting friend, who will be here for a week. as soon as he returns to the states, i am taking a trip away from home, so i can finish reading it without any distractions.

i cannot thank you enough. this deserves to be an international bestseller. with the correct exposure, it would be.

12. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete, Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent interview. Of the abundance of life lessons you have shared, knowing you are in charge of your own happiness is sage advice for sure. Well done.

14. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a great book and hard to put down. I read it in one day a couple of months ago. I'm now hoping and waiting for a What about yours Saucepans 2.

I have to say that I honestly admire you, Matilda. I can't imagine anyone going through everything you went through and still loving this country.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lindsey. It's clear from your interview why you had success in the UK and why you've been able to make a comeback now. I agree, you are a natural storyteller. It is a skill that is underrated. My family and I will be setting up tent in the DR this coming February. You're storytelling is an ongoing inspiration to my wife. She says that the only serious friendship that she's looking forward to developing is the one with you (: Stay tuned, as we will, and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by jabejuventus; 07-02-2013 at 05:23 PM.

17. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast