Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "What about your saucepans?" update

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post

i cannot thank you enough. this deserves to be an international bestseller. with the correct exposure, it would be.
    Am trying to expose myself! Interestingly most of the review sites all want money - and there are hundreds of them. But little by little. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book - thanks for buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post
    It's a great book and hard to put down. I read it in one day a couple of months ago. I'm now hoping and waiting for a What about yours Saucepans 2.

I have to say that I honestly admire you, Matilda. I can't imagine anyone going through everything you went through and still loving this country.
    The things I love about the country haven't changed and I was never going to let a few bad apples make me leave. The landscape and the weather are glorious, and in the most part the people are amazing. I now live way up in the mountains in a tiny campo and have the best of the scenery, the weather and the people. I honestly can't think of a better place in the world to live. Thanks for buying the book!

Matilda

2. Likes gonzo two liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabejuventus View Post
    Hi Lindsey. It's clear from your interview why you had success in the UK and why you've been able to make a comeback now. I agree, you are a natural storyteller. It is a skill that is underrated. My family and I will be setting up tent in the DR this coming February. You're storytelling is an ongoing inspiration to my wife. She says that the only serious friendship that she's looking forward to developing is the one with you (: Stay tuned, as we will, and keep up the good work.
    Would love to be friends with your wife! Tell her to escape from her tent and come and see me in the mountains.

Matilda

4. Likes jabejuventus, gonzo two liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Am trying to expose myself! Interestingly most of the review sites all want money - and there are hundreds of them. But little by little. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book - thanks for buying it.

The things I love about the country haven't changed and I was never going to let a few bad apples make me leave. The landscape and the weather are glorious, and in the most part the people are amazing. I now live way up in the mountains in a tiny campo and have the best of the scenery, the weather and the people. I honestly can't think of a better place in the world to live. Thanks for buying the book!

Matilda
    i did myself a favor by making the trip to Sosua. may the force be with you, always.

6. Likes jrhartley liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the book. I especially enjoyed the anecdote about the kids selling one avocado for five pesos or two for fifteen.

I don't understand the trust you placed in the Dominican political process. Not one little bit. But I trust you're cured of that by now.

To your new simple life enjoying the best parts of RD.

8. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Matilda
    i am happy to say that i successfully importuned two of my visiting friends to buy a copy of the book, using a real simple gambit, to wit; lending them my copy for half an hour, each, then refusing to promise to lend them when i am done reading it.. that sent them into the clutches of Amazon.

10. Likes AlterEgo, Matilda liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

well done - it costs a lot to publish a book

12. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i am happy to say that i successfully importuned two of my visiting friends to buy a copy of the book, using a real simple gambit, to wit; lending them my copy for half an hour, each, then refusing to promise to lend them when i am done reading it.. that sent them into the clutches of Amazon.
    Fabulous - thanks so much!

Mat

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous - thanks so much!

Mat
    easy as shooting fish in a barrel; i ain't done yet.

15. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought the kindle version today...let's see if it makes me change my mind to go back to Europe...

17. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it has become my crusade to see as many of these books sold as i can. just had 3 friends buy a copy today, plus one Kindle copy...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast