"Go Caribe Tour" - anyone know them?

Nightliner

Apr 25, 2011
Hey folks,

just tried to reserve return airport transfers with "dominicanlimousine.com", who seem to work with "gocaribetour.com" - both websites look rather "shiny", but I cant find any testimonials/reviews at all. Anyone know them? If not, I'd rather not use them, as they asked to send/sign a form with all CC details on it...read too many horror stories of CC scams and the like :)
I guess Amstar DMC provide reliable service? I'd rather use a pre-paid service than a taxi or similar - just dont want to carry US currency. And yes, I know that even taxi drivers will happily accept Euros, but likely at a dis-advantageous exchange rate, as always...

Regards & thanks in advance for answering all my silly questions :)

Nightliner

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Quickest, easiest, least hassle way is to just take a private Taxi when you get there. The rates are posted on a board so you can't be scammed.

Nightliner

Apr 25, 2011
Quickest, easiest, least hassle way is to just take a private Taxi when you get there. The rates are posted on a board so you can't be scammed.

I know. I would not like to take US currency with me though (I am from Europe). From previous experience, the conversion rate a taxi driver is likely to use to convert his US$-posted price to EUR is more than just a bit infavourable. Just out of curiosity: What conversion rate do taxi drivers use when converting their US$-rates to Pesos?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know. I would not like to take US currency with me though (I am from Europe). From previous experience, the conversion rate a taxi driver is likely to use to convert his US$-posted price to EUR is more than just a bit infavourable. Just out of curiosity: What conversion rate do taxi drivers use when converting their US$-rates to Pesos?

All the prices for taxis from the airport is in Dollars already, so no surprises.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Hey folks,

just tried to reserve return airport transfers with "dominicanlimousine.com", who seem to work with "gocaribetour.com" - both websites look rather "shiny", but I cant find any testimonials/reviews at all. Anyone know them? If not, I'd rather not use them, as they asked to send/sign a form with all CC details on it...read too many horror stories of CC scams and the like :)
I guess Amstar DMC provide reliable service? I'd rather use a pre-paid service than a taxi or similar - just dont want to carry US currency. And yes, I know that even taxi drivers will happily accept Euros, but likely at a dis-advantageous exchange rate, as always...

Regards & thanks in advance for answering all my silly questions :)

Nightliner

where are you coming to and how far is your transfer? the airport Taxis are not rip off guys. All the prices are posted in US$ and for an example a 25 mile ride would be around USD40 or 1600 pesos (ish)......

if you are staying at a hotel they may have their own drivers.....call to enquire.

dave

Nightliner

Apr 25, 2011
which airport?
PUJ.
@Topic: Just a bit worried since i dont find anything but their websites - dominicanlimousine.com and gocaribetour.com - both sites look quite stylish. Anyone got any knowledge of this particular company? Otherwise, I'll just reserve with Amstar.

mamichula613

May 9, 2013
American to pesos can be changed at as little as 34 pesos to the dollar. the true currency value at this time is somewhere between 40 and 41.

Feb 7, 2007
Go Caribe Tour was one of the exhibitors during DATE 2013. If they had '000s of dollars to pay for the booth they most likely aren't in need to take you 20 dollars and run away

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Transfers from the airport range about 35-45 dollars US depending where your are going, exchange enough to handle this.That way, no hassles.

Nightliner

Apr 25, 2011
Go Caribe Tour was one of the exhibitors during DATE 2013. If they had '000s of dollars to pay for the booth they most likely aren't in need to take you 20 dollars and run away
No offense - all I did was to ask if anybody knew them, as I did not find any reviews and the like on the web. I'm not concerned about somebody taking my 20 or whatever dollars and running away, I'm just concerned providing a company with my full CC details which does not seem to be well-known at the first glance. Just being cautious, nothing else.

As the price difference between a taxi and a pre-arranged service doesnt seem to be huge & the taxi-service seems to be more or less hassle-free and reliable, I'll just stick to the taxi this time and get some cash out of an ATM at the airport once I arrive.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I first visited the DR in 1986.
I have lived here "Full Time" since 1995.
Both my "CCs", and "Debit Card" accounts have been, held inside the ATM, and NOT returned by the bank here, double billed, stolen, ripped off, compromised, unauthorized ,and cloned several times.
Last time, 2 weeks ago. :bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:
$1,400 unauthorized internet purchases made on a Boston USA debit account, FROM FRANCE"!
"Good Luck"!
I used to say, use your debit card to get money from an ATM here in the DR.
Now I say, "I will absolutely NEVER, use a "CC", OR a Debit Card, in the DR, EVER, EVER, Again!
Those of us "Fortunate" enough to live here, develop relationships at "Casas De Cambio" ("Money Exchange Business"), where we cash our personal checks on foreign accounts,sadly, visitors can't do that!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
It's Not Good, to be, "A Stranger In Paradise"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!