Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 228

Thread: Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

    4. Cracking down on prostitution in Sosua
    The new Ministry of Tourism provincial director for Puerto Plata province, Lorenzo Sancassani says that every effort is being made to reduce the impact of prostitution in Sosua and the north coast. He said that the authorities' priority right now is to back businesses that promote legitimate travel offers. As reported in Hoy, he said that meetings have been held with the new police commander in the area and the new director of Politur for plans to take action to tackle the problem.

    "The Ministry of Tourism and the Prosecutor General Office are coordinating actions aimed at controlling the problem and guaranteeing surroundings where we can restore domestic tourism and family tourism," said Sancassani. He said that plans were afoot to develop the Maritime Park project in Sosua beach, with a focus on diving in the Sosua Bay. He added that they would be working towards relocating vendors, and for introducing new signage for taxis to crack down on unauthorized 'pirate' taxis, as well as preventing chaos and crime.

    I was very pleased to read the statements of the new Provincial Director of Tourism in the above piece taken from today's DR1 News Summary.

    I am sure that we will be flooded with posts from those that say whores are the saviors of Sosua, but I am sure that the majority of those who live here wish those making the effort well.

    I think that between the Mayor, new Tourism Director, and the apparent commitment of the national government to help Sosua that some positive things are going to happen.

  2. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
  3. #2
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    are the hos that much of a problem? really? i am never bothered by that when visiting sosua. what pi**es me off is dirt, mess and noise. how about starting with that, mister minister?

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    4. Cracking down on prostitution in Sosua
    The new Ministry of Tourism provincial director for Puerto Plata province, Lorenzo Sancassani says that every effort is being made to reduce the impact of prostitution in Sosua and the north coast. He said that the authorities' priority right now is to back businesses that promote legitimate travel offers. As reported in Hoy, he said that meetings have been held with the new police commander in the area and the new director of Politur for plans to take action to tackle the problem.

    "The Ministry of Tourism and the Prosecutor General Office are coordinating actions aimed at controlling the problem and guaranteeing surroundings where we can restore domestic tourism and family tourism," said Sancassani. He said that plans were afoot to develop the Maritime Park project in Sosua beach, with a focus on diving in the Sosua Bay. He added that they would be working towards relocating vendors, and for introducing new signage for taxis to crack down on unauthorized 'pirate' taxis, as well as preventing chaos and crime.

    I was very pleased to read the statements of the new Provincial Director of Tourism in the above piece taken from today's DR1 News Summary.

    I am sure that we will be flooded with posts from those that say whores are the saviors of Sosua, but I am sure that the majority of those who live here wish those making the effort well.

    I think that between the Mayor, new Tourism Director, and the apparent commitment of the national government to help Sosua that some positive things are going to happen.
    How is it going to be positive?
    That is what I was referring to on the other thread. The conservatives want to return to a mythical time when these things were hidden instead of legal and accepted by society. but normal people say "Live and let live."
    Der Fish

  5. Likes Givadogahome, Wuwu liked this post
  6. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default News????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    4. Cracking down on prostitution in Sosua
    The new Ministry of Tourism provincial director for Puerto Plata province, Lorenzo Sancassani says that every effort is being made to reduce the impact of prostitution in Sosua and the north coast. He said that the authorities' priority right now is to back businesses that promote legitimate travel offers. As reported in Hoy, he said that meetings have been held with the new police commander in the area and the new director of Politur for plans to take action to tackle the problem.

    "The Ministry of Tourism and the Prosecutor General Office are coordinating actions aimed at controlling the problem and guaranteeing surroundings where we can restore domestic tourism and family tourism," said Sancassani. He said that plans were afoot to develop the Maritime Park project in Sosua beach, with a focus on diving in the Sosua Bay. He added that they would be working towards relocating vendors, and for introducing new signage for taxis to crack down on unauthorized 'pirate' taxis, as well as preventing chaos and crime.

    I was very pleased to read the statements of the new Provincial Director of Tourism in the above piece taken from today's DR1 News Summary.

    I am sure that we will be flooded with posts from those that say whores are the saviors of Sosua, but I am sure that the majority of those who live here wish those making the effort well.

    I think that between the Mayor, new Tourism Director, and the apparent commitment of the national government to help Sosua that some positive things are going to happen.
    Ken,
    You seem to have appointed yourself to regurgitate "news".
    If things are are moving along so well how is it that after the"raid" on CMP it's open the next day?
    The noise pollution is still going on till 3AM.
    The drug dealers are still hanging around in front of Rumba Bar.
    One way street..............Ha!
    You are delusional if you really think that things are going to change.
    Statements are issued to placate.
    We'll soon get a hospital as well!
    How long have you been in the DR????........ ya!!!

  7. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    How is it going to be positive?
    That is what I was referring to on the other thread. The conservatives want to return to a mythical time when these things were hidden instead of legal and accepted by society. but normal people say "Live and let live."
    Der Fish
    the opponents of prostitution in Sosua have a plan to get all the ladies of easy virtue jobs in the managerial echelons at IBM.

  8. Likes drstock liked this post
  9. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    How long have you been in the DR????........ ya!!!
    I have been living in the DR since December 1985 and have been a legal resident since 1987.

    And you?

    I have been on DR1 since the late 1990's. The original DR1,not this version that was unrolled in 2002. I don't recall reading any of your posts then.
    Last edited by Ken; 05-08-2013 at 05:14 PM.

  10. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh BS!

    If they wanted to they could end prostitution in So-Sewer in one day with a suitcase full of counterfeit $1KRD notes traded to the weekend warriors as they hit the strip. The powers that be have no intention of eliminating the revenue that is generated by prostitution there. They just want bigger $lices of the pie.

  11. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Oh BS!

    If they wanted to they could end prostitution in So-Sewer in one day with a suitcase full of counterfeit $1KRD notes traded to the weekend warriors as they hit the strip. The powers that be have no intention of eliminating the revenue that is generated by prostitution there. They just want bigger $lices of the pie.
    this is why you are greydread, and i am not

  12. #9
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    The noise pollution is still going on till 3AM.
    The drug dealers are still hanging around in front of Rumba Bar.
    One way street..............Ha!
    ok, i admit we drive one way on pedro clisante yesterday but really, we had no idea. sorry!

    chasing hos is easy. they do not bother me but i have eyes and i see them, they kinda stand out. or maybe i presume. ladies of all ages in super tight, short clothing just sitting at bars with no food and drinks? pros, right? in any case, easy to single them out. arrest. beat up. but not so easy to tackle rubbish and noise, is it? because it's not done by a relatively small group confined to few streets in a city center. it is done by nearly everyone, everywhere.

    heck, i say it's a dumb idea and i am not a monger interested in keeping the ladies of the night active and serving. i simply think your average family holiday maker is more bothered by dirt, rubbish, noise and chaos than by some gals in skimpy clothing.

    but it is easier to arrest a ho, seen as a worthless scum who can be abused at will, right? they can either pay to get out of jail or offer a BJ. maybe they should implement the same multa to those who throw rubbish on the street?

  13. Likes badpiece33, drstock, Jumbo liked this post
  14. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    ok, i admit we drive one way on pedro clisante yesterday but really, we had no idea. sorry!

    chasing hos is easy. they do not bother me but i have eyes and i see them, they kinda stand out. or maybe i presume. ladies of all ages in super tight, short clothing just sitting at bars with no food and drinks? pros, right? in any case, easy to single them out. arrest. beat up. but not so easy to tackle rubbish and noise, is it? because it's not done by a relatively small group confined to few streets in a city center. it is done by nearly everyone, everywhere.

    heck, i say it's a dumb idea and i am not a monger interested in keeping the ladies of the night active and serving. i simply think your average family holiday maker is more bothered by dirt, rubbish, noise and chaos than by some gals in skimpy clothing.

    but it is easier to arrest a ho, seen as a worthless scum who can be abused at will, right? they can either pay to get out of jail or offer a BJ. maybe they should implement the same multa to those who throw rubbish on the street?
    not when the guy throwing the garbage out the windows of an Audi Q7 comes from a family with a hyphenated last name. a major could get busted down to foot patrol for disturbing the afternoon quietude of Don Pepe Gomez y Gomez.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •