My first DR Chica meet me at " La Bomba". Where?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I have a one bedroom Condo near Fruisa, travel about 4 times a year to it. Usually stay 3 or 4 weeks.. The last two years, I would bring a girlfriend, or someone I was dating, or travel alone.

I met a beautiful young Chica while shopping at PRV. And I was impressed she had a job and a Bank Account (two prerequisites I had read on DR1 years ago).

My Spanish is awful, I haven't put much effort into it. So before we were to go out, we "texto" each other several times. When it was time to meet she text me, "La Bomba". I think what is that? "The Pump". She said meet me at the Pump.. I thought it was really funny, couldnt stop laughing at the time. She didn't say "meet me at the Texico Gas Station in Fruisa".. So I met her at "The Pump" and we went out for about a week. She worked 12 hour days, so we would meet around 10 every evening..

I started to have feelings for this young 21 year old really beautiful girl. At the same time I was thinking she is half my age, and I could never have a girlfriend like that back home.. And at the same time thinking, she must see me in a different light, maybe she wants something, but never asked for anything, until it was time for me to leave yesterday. She asked me for $100 dollars so she could go back home to her province, said she needed it. She texto me asking for my answer, I texto her back and said, "NO I cannot do this, and hope she could respect my decision". Unfortunately, I went one texto to many and pointed out to her, I had already spent money with her on dinners and a few small gifts, and it is not proper to ask me for money.. She texto me back saying, "I am not a prostitute and I am sad for your decision". Now she doesn't text me anymore and I guess the one week relationship is over? I think maybe she was insulted I pointed out to her that I had already spent money on her, or maybe she never really had any intention of being with me for any period of time.

Why I liked her so much, she was so affectionate, beautiful, and young, and it was my first Dominican fling.
I did not help their was no way for me to properly gauge her true thoughts, motives, or whatever. It's next to impossible to have a true friendship or relationship if we both cant communicate clearly idioma.

My last texto to her was, " I will bring you some new clothes and clothes for your two year old baby on my next trip" and her very last texto to me was " No thanks she would not accept my gifts".

Now my trip is over and all I have is her photos and a nice memory of a week long fling that ended not so nice. I feel good though with a slight tinge of sadness. At least I found out early.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
Tu aprender hablar y textear Espanish. Much muy bueno. Chica japisota. Contango sonreir mucho. Bona suarte.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Even though you were smart enough, it seems like you were still hoping to continue seeing this girl. When you texted her with the promise that you would bring her and her young daughter clothes, it shows that you would've allowed yourself to fall into a trap, when common sense told you not to. The only thing that stopped you was her refusal to accept your gifts.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Even though you were smart enough, it seems like you were still hoping to continue seeing this girl. When you texted her with the promise that you would bring her and her young daughter clothes, it shows that you would've allowed yourself to fall into a trap, when common sense told you not to. The only thing that stopped you was her refusal to accept your gifts.

Good point, but when "feelings" are involved they tend to conflict with my judgement. And she was so beautiful and affectionate. When she asked for a $100, she paraphrased it with "Forgive me for asking". I responded fairly frankly no I cannot do that.. My mind quandary is what if I had responded in a more explanatory way, like, "No I cannot do that because then I do not know what your real feelings and motives are considering we just me"... That is the crux of my angst, did I blow it? Common Sense says no, and I have read these scenarios a hundred times on DR1. My feelings however say, "maybe you insulted her and her motives are genuine"... Either way its over now...

Dec 26, 2011
It's hard to say, man. I refuse to write off every Dominican woman as conniving and interesada. It's neither logical nor in keeping with my personal experience. Can we say her request was out of line? A sure sign of bad motives? No, we can't. But then again it could be. You'll never know. Keep in mind it's cultural. I remember how annoyed I would get when my ex's family would request things when we'd be planning a trip to her home. But she was even more so. Generations of Dominicans returning home with the nicest threads, jewelry and stories of financial paradise have perpetuated the idea of the wealthy foreigner. They(poorer Dominicans) will always have the concept that foreigners are better off. And they're mostly right. The 100$ wouldn't have set you back but it would have made a big difference to her. You may have dodged a bullet or you may have unintentionally hurt the feelings of a sweet young lady. Keep working on that Spanish and next time you'll be better able to express your concerns and hear the subsequent responses.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Good point, but when "feelings" are involved they tend to conflict with my judgement. And she was so beautiful and affectionate. When she asked for a $100, she paraphrased it with "Forgive me for asking". I responded fairly frankly no I cannot so that.. My mind quandary is what if I had responded in a more explanatory way, like, "No I cannot do that because then I do not know what your real feelings and motives are considering we just me"... That is the crux of my angst, did I blow it? Common Sense says, no you have read these scenarios a hundred times on DR1, my feelings however say, "maybe you insulted her and her motives are genuine... Either way its over now...
Contango, You did nothing wrong! This girl was out to take you to the cleaners. She showed her true motives. Don't be blinded by beauty. In time you will find someone.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I am always the one to say "they aren't all the same", "some are good", etc. But I also don't promote being na?ve. IMO it just isn't right for someone to ask for money like that after you had only been dating for a week and meeting at " the pump" to go out. You don't really know her and she doesn't really know you. So she shouldn't ask someone she really doesn't know for money.

I love my Dominican wife but I promise you if she asked me for $100 after the first week we dated she would not be my wife today. IMO you did the right thing, you saved yourself $100 this time and many times in the future. Don't second guess it.

I understand people need help and sometimes the reason is legitimate, but still after just a week. IMO, she is trying to save face now, but I bet you if you come back here to visit and she knows it and you tell her you are here with stuff she will gladly meet you. And I'm definitely not suggesting you do it.

Dec 26, 2011
You may be right, bronzie. But it's just nonsensical say they're all the same. Three points in her favor:

1. Works
2. Has bank account
3. Refused his follow-up "forgive me" gift offer

Sounds like she has some pride. Look at Contango's other thread about getting ripped off at the gas station. He's read so much negativity on here that he's seeing boogeymen at every turn.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Taca?o,

Whats $100 to a gringo? You might think of her for the rest of your life as the one that got away. But in order for us to evaluate please post some pics of this prospect.

Good point, but when "feelings" are involved they tend to conflict with my judgement. And she was so beautiful and affectionate. When she asked for a $100, she paraphrased it with "Forgive me for asking". I responded fairly frankly no I cannot do that.. My mind quandary is what if I had responded in a more explanatory way, like, "No I cannot do that because then I do not know what your real feelings and motives are considering we just me"... That is the crux of my angst, did I blow it? Common Sense says no, and I have read these scenarios a hundred times on DR1. My feelings however say, "maybe you insulted her and her motives are genuine"... Either way its over now...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
great post!

I have a one bedroom Condo near Fruisa, travel about 4 times a year to it. Usually stay 3 or 4 weeks.. The last two years, I would bring a girlfriend, or someone I was dating, or travel alone.

I met a beautiful young Chica while shopping at PRV. And I was impressed she had a job and a Bank Account (two prerequisites I had read on DR1 years ago).

My Spanish is awful, I haven't put much effort into it. So before we were to go out, we "texto" each other several times. When it was time to meet she text me, "La Bomba". I think what is that? "The Pump". She said meet me at the Pump.. I thought it was really funny, couldnt stop laughing at the time. She didn't say "meet me at the Texico Gas Station in Fruisa".. So I met her at "The Pump" and we went out for about a week. She worked 12 hour days, so we would meet around 10 every evening..

I started to have feelings for this young 21 year old really beautiful girl. At the same time I was thinking she is half my age, and I could never have a girlfriend like that back home.. And at the same time thinking, she must see me in a different light, maybe she wants something, but never asked for anything, until it was time for me to leave yesterday. She asked me for $100 dollars so she could go back home to her province, said she needed it. She texto me asking for my answer, I texto her back and said, "NO I cannot do this, and hope she could respect my decision". Unfortunately, I went one texto to many and pointed out to her, I had already spent money with her on dinners and a few small gifts, and it is not proper to ask me for money.. She texto me back saying, "I am not a prostitute and I am sad for your decision". Now she doesn't text me anymore and I guess the one week relationship is over? I think maybe she was insulted I pointed out to her that I had already spent money on her, or maybe she never really had any intention of being with me for any period of time.

Why I liked her so much, she was so affectionate, beautiful, and young, and it was my first Dominican fling.
I did not help their was no way for me to properly gauge her true thoughts, motives, or whatever. It's next to impossible to have a true friendship or relationship if we both cant communicate clearly idioma.

My last texto to her was, " I will bring you some new clothes and clothes for your two year old baby on my next trip" and her very last texto to me was " No thanks she would not accept my gifts".

Now my trip is over and all I have is her photos and a nice memory of a week long fling that ended not so nice. I feel good though with a slight tinge of sadness. At least I found out early.

Feb 7, 2007
Also, Contango, (very large portion) (so as not to say most) Dominican girls/ladies will not consider your dining & wining them at all when the "cost" you spent on them is calculated. For many, many, many o them, taking them to picapollo or getting a fritura is actually much more "valuable" than taking them dining in Meson de la cava, or to the Argentinian BBQ restaurant with selection of fine Malbec wines from Chile and Argentina.

So the "cost" you had with her dining together, in her mind, is (was) actually close to zero.

Gitana-

Jan 13, 2010

You're trying very, very hard to convince yourself of something when you actually know better. It wouldn't have mattered if you had been able to explain anything. She paraphrased it with "forgive me for asking", signaling that she knew she was out of line, but then got mad and ended the friendship when you refused? She was not being sincere and that is pretty obvious. She will not accept your gifts of clothes because you will not buy her that cheap. Her price is higher. Count yourself lucky that she was not patient enough to ensnare you in that trap.

You will find a good one. Be patient.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
You may be right, bronzie. But it's just nonsensical say they're all the same. Three points in her favor:

1. Works
2. Has bank account
3. Refused his follow-up "forgive me" gift offer

Sounds like she has some pride. Look at Contango's other thread about getting ripped off at the gas station. He's read so much negativity on here that he's seeing boogeymen at every turn.

and the "Chupacabra".

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Also, Contango, (very large portion) (so as not to say most) Dominican girls/ladies will not consider your dining & wining them at all when the "cost" you spent on them is calculated. For many, many, many o them, taking them to picapollo or getting a fritura is actually much more "valuable" than taking them dining in Meson de la cava, or to the Argentinian BBQ restaurant with selection of fine Malbec wines from Chile and Argentina.

So the "cost" you had with her dining together, in her mind, is (was) actually close to zero.

How does "Pala Pizza Rank"? :confused:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Why give up. Swallow your pride and send the doll $100.00 by Wesern Union. You can afford it. If you meet a girl back in New York and go out together and end up at your place you'll probably gladly give her $50.00 for a cab home.
Women cost money at one level or another. She is being honest life costs money. Her motive may be that she and child lie to eat everyday. If you care for her how can you be opposed to that. Send her a couple hondred nbucks a month and she'll be waitingfor you when you get back. Yep I'm the guy who hasd been married 5 times!
Der Fish

Since when is it his responsibility to feed her and her child upon meeting her in a span of a week? It shows what her true motives are. She did not want gifts , she wants cash! she thought she got herself a catch. I bet if he would've offered her to buy groceries, she would've refused.