I'm new...and confused

May 11, 2013
Hi, I am not an idiot I swear, but I have no idea how to post on here. I finally found this page which allows me to post and I am sorry but I have to ask a question and pray someone will see it!

Where can I shoot archery in Santo Domingo? And anyone know of a place that rents equipment?

Doesn't sound like life and death but it sure feels like it. Thank you all for your hard work. I've lived here for 3 years and don't go a day without reading DR1. Thanks again!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
As long as you're not dazed..........;)
It sure took you long enough to jump in, but now you've done it.
Good for you.
Sorry, can't help with the archery question, but...........someone surely will. Meanwhile;
Welcome to dr1.
Enjoy.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Well, i'm not sure this is going to help, but i'm an avid archery practioner myself. I liken myself to Robin Hood and his Merry Pranksters. I like to play a game called "Ringolevio." Maybe you've heard of it? I like to play it with girls i meet at the bar in Cabarete. I like to take target practice...shooting cupid arrows at women i like. However, I have been shoot myself a couple of times straight through the heart. Trust me, it doesn't tickle. And despite wearing body armor--which consists of a kryptonite vest and a necklace made of garlic, my heart has been pierced several times by some suspicious looking strawberry blondes at the bar. So, yeah...i'm looking for some place to practice my archery skills as well.

Maybe someone here can guide us to the right place?

Frank

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Well, i'm not sure this is going to help, but i'm an avid archery practioner myself. I liken myself to Robin Hood and his Merry Pranksters. I like to play a game called "Ringolevio." Maybe you've heard of it? I like to play it with girls i meet in Cabarete. I take target practice shooting cupid arrows at women i like. However, I have been shoot myself a couple of times straight through the heart. Trust me, it doesn't tickle, and despite wearing body armor--which consists of a kryptonite vest and a necklace made of garlic, my heart has been pierced several times by some suspicious looking strawberry blondes at the bar. So, yeah...i'm looking for some place to practice my archery skills as well.

Maybe someone here can guide us to the right place?

Frank

LOL... pure "frank". LOL BUT...Frank.. I think the o.p. was talking about shooting arrows with a different kind of "shaft". LOL (damn... I might have been online too long... I think I'm channelling C.C. now. LOL)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm sure there must a place in Santo Domingo. The Archery World Cup competition was held in Santo Domingo in 2009 and archers from 8 countries participated in a World Ranking Event in Santo Domingo last month

Last edited:

Gitana-

Jan 13, 2010
Federacion Dominicana de Tirco Con arco - Donde Practicar

It should say "Tiro con Arco" not Tirco (their typo, not mine).

Currently the official field for the Dominican Archery Federation is located at Parque del Este in Santo Domingo Este, but every province i.e. Santiago, La Vega, San Francisco de Macoris, San Pedro de Macoris, La Romana, Salcedo and Santo Domingo have their own associations (chapters?) which are available to the general public.