Road from Sosua to Cabarete a little safer at night

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I would just like to say how nice it is to drive from Sosua to Cabarete by night now. Everyone complains about how bad things are in this area, well now this is something to be happy about. The road at night now looks like a landing strip the way it is lit up with the reflectors and I for one am impressed....OK, the guys that were painting the new lines and placing the reflectors may have been drinking Brugal at times as they are not exactly 100% straight, but hey, lets be thankful for what we have got. It certainly helps to make the road a little safer at night...except for the motorbikes without lights but at least now you can see them a little easier as there is now a break in the reflectors when a bike is going past them. Put on your high beams and you can see over half a kilometer up the road! Anyway, it is something positive for our area.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agreed. One small step for mankind on that stretch of the road.

How about ALL OF THE HIGHWAY? That would be asking too much, or is it going further than last week?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have a very bad myopia and driving at night is not great. so whenever i drive to cabarete i have to come back early. maybe it will be a bit better now. thumbs up.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I agree but sure wish those who use their high beams would learn to turn them down for approaching traffic.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I would just like to say how nice it is to drive from Sosua to Cabarete by night now. Everyone complains about how bad things are in this area, well now this is something to be happy about. The road at night now looks like a landing strip the way it is lit up with the reflectors and I for one am impressed....OK, the guys that were painting the new lines and placing the reflectors may have been drinking Brugal at times as they are not exactly 100% straight, but hey, lets be thankful for what we have got. It certainly helps to make the road a little safer at night...except for the motorbikes without lights but at least now you can see them a little easier as there is now a break in the reflectors when a bike is going past them. Put on your high beams and you can see over half a kilometer up the road! Anyway, it is something positive for our area.
Great. Just got back from Cabarete. Made the trip in about 7 mins. I love it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is indeed much better now with lines and reflectors all the way from Sosua to Cabarete. A simple and effective improvement.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
They have also installed the reflectors and painted new sidelines on part of the highway from Puerto Plata to Santiago. Not the entire length. mind you, but for significant stretches.