Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 2013, the Storms and the Fisherman in Paradise

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

non tropical formation, now named Melissa, started last evening to produce gale force winds and continued during the night and this morning to loacted them around it's low pressure center.
    it's not a concern for our Soil, located somewhere 700 miles ESE of Bermuda walking towards the NW, that's more or less the direction to the Canadian Maritimes, but i did not check on tracking or such, as it is not in our vicinity.
    our surroundings show a nice safe dry atmosphere, we will receive the next few months our usual winter breezes and showers and waves, but should not be anything for a wild time.
    Melissa is on our NE, very far out, and as the are between us and her is dry, i don't expect her to push down rains of significance.

time to the the children from school and bring them to their birthday afternoon on Macao Beach.
    yep, both have their birthday together today, so Daddy is allowed to have double beers while watching da Breed there, lol.

nothing of concern in our vicinity, our Island's Hurricane Season is nice early over this year, at least it looks that way since a couple weeks.

Mike

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

is this the quietest hurricane season ever???

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

probably, and i remember a few months ago that I read it would probably be a hard one, so.....................

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the quietest Hurricane Season ever??
    how you would come to such conclusion?
    we had 13 named storms and other other caribbean countries show quiet a dead roll for this season. Mexico and their Yucatan Peninsula are sure not under the imression of a quietest season ever, lol.
    that we had no mayor effects in the DR, specially here in PC on the East, is nothing unusual, as the DR is not often significantly effected by Tropical Cyclones.
    the forecasts for the season been 16-19 named storms, til now we have only 13, thats well below the forecast, Goood. but not much out of the ordinary low.
    for the DR it was low, but that's not unusual either.
    over all the conditions been in constellations against quick storm developments, hence the few storms around did not grow up quick enough to become mayor cyclones, the difference from that to a series of big ones would have been some small details to occure a couple days earlier or later than they occured, and we would have seen 2-3 strong Hurricanes right here, but by the luck of the draw those formations stayed week for the time frame within our vicinity.

would be nice to have every season running that way as far as the DR goes, but there's always a next year and a next year, mother nature has her plans and we can't forecast them.

for now, let's just hope it will not snow too much on christmas even in PC, as i like to sit out there on the pier with a good wine, the snowmobile is not ready, yet, hehe.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mike:
    From my cubby hole here in Santiago, I would like to thank you for your efforts this year. It is really comforting to know that there is someone out there who is quite capable of letting us know when something is coming along the Highway.

Thanks for the great effort spent this year. You must know that it is appreciated by a great many people!! Really.

Cordially,

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

HB,
    you have to leave your cubby whole more often and come towards your family on the east, it would be my pleasure to have a chat with your over a nice breakfast at Juanillo Beach. you have your kittens still living over here, right?

as for the raminder of the "season",
    there are really zero indications that we could get anything up again this year.
    what we will get from now on are the bit cooler nasty winds and rains which are usual for the winter months on the island, at least here on the East/PC the smoother time of the year is "most time" the spring and summer, what others fear as hurricane season, as fact 80% of cancelations i have on my fishing charters due rough Ocean Conditions do occure during the winter months, not during hurricane season.

Mike

7. Likes ramesses liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I will echo Hillbilly's comments.

Thanks you for being an intregal part of DR1

"If anyone Wud! Wud Wud"
    www.DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree thanks a lot for keeping us up to date.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Storms are over. See 2014 Weather thread.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940