10 Safest Cities & 10 Most Dangerous Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'll save you trouble of sliding: punta cana, DR.

are they crazy? let's forger war zones all over the world, hardly tourist destinations but really, they could not think of anything worse? punta cana?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I think that's pretty biased. Who knows what the real intentions are behind that list.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
I was just reading the Huffington Post about an individual who was killed in Costa Rica. Lower on the page they have a slideshow that first shows the World's Safest Cities and then the World's Most Dangerous Cities. I think you will be surprised by what they have indicated as the World's Most Dangerous City. Here is the link:

Brad Deering Dead: Canadian Killed In Costa Rica Prompts Travel Warning

Any comments?

This guy was a member of the same gym where I trained a couple of my clients in boxing. He liked to party, to say the least. He was also a pretty tough guy. Fact is this, this is going on all over Costa Rica. Escazu is one of the most wealthy areas in the central valley of Costa Rica. My friend had his home invaded 2x in under a year. He was armed to the gills, but they got him by suprise and took his arsenal. Many times these crimes go un-reported. The cops in Costa Rica are WEAK!!!!! They have NO BALLS, and that whole justice system is a joke. I guess for 500 a month, I wouldn't either. In the end, Costa Rica went from a relatively safe place to a complete free for all. Which is why I bounced after 7 years.

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
This guy was a member of the same gym where I trained a couple of my clients in boxing. He liked to party, to say the least. He was also a pretty tough guy.

Great info. Definitely more to this story than meets the eye:

Smith speculates that someone targeted Deering because they either lost money in a deal with him, or simply because his wealth was known, as he owned three fancy cars and lived in a high-end home.

Vancouver's Brad Deering was murdered in targeted Costa Rican hit, says local PI

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Definitely more to this story than meets the eye
lets not go there again - someone told me I must be a drugs dealer as I got shot, and noone gets shot for no reason apparently .

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
This guy was a member of the same gym where I trained a couple of my clients in boxing. He liked to party, to say the least. He was also a pretty tough guy. Fact is this, this is going on all over Costa Rica. Escazu is one of the most wealthy areas in the central valley of Costa Rica. My friend had his home invaded 2x in under a year. He was armed to the gills, but they got him by suprise and took his arsenal. Many times these crimes go un-reported. The cops in Costa Rica are WEAK!!!!! They have NO BALLS, and that whole justice system is a joke. I guess for 500 a month, I wouldn't either. In the end, Costa Rica went from a relatively safe place to a complete free for all. Which is why I bounced after 7 years.

When did you leave? You left CR to the DR to come to a safer(less crime) place? Seriously? I have a Canadian friend in Escazu been there 10 years, he doesnt decribe this dangerous picture. He was here a couple months back and feels the need to be more careful here.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Escazu and Santa Ana are two very safe areas in San Jose and we do not know what this guy did behind close doors or who he was involved with.

One Canadian gets killed so now Costa Rica is a "danger zone" because of it??? Please!!! I LOVE COSTA RICA and I feel safe 95% of the time but one needs to take extra caution when walking around downtown San Jose.

BTW The killers could have been from any number of countries they do not have to be from Costa Rica to commit a murder in CR.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I am sorry this guy was killed but why is this such a big deal, if a Tico was killed nobody what have even read the story, but a "gringo" STOP the press.

If a person chooses to live in a Latin American country he or she takes on everything that comes with this, are we saying "gringos" should be immune to the violence in some of these country because they are "gringos"

IMO Canadians are far more willing to open up and trust people then Americans and that is why they are always in the middle of something.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Oh, they let in international murderers?

Have you been to Costa Rica and San Jose??? You could walk around and meet people from Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Belize, Peru etc. There is a lot of sh*t that goes on in and around San Jose but if you mind your own business and keep your mouth shut San Jose is a cool place to hang out. The problem is when people TALK TOO MUCH!!!

Do you want to know the number ONE killer on the planet??? It is not guns, cars, illness, shark attacks etc. The number 1 reason of death among humans are humans BIG A$$ MOUTH and that is why so many people lives come to an end they talk too much.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Awesome...I was thinking of moving to Punta Cana area, but now that I know this is the No. 1 most dangerous destination I think I'll move to my number two choice...San Pedro de Sula, Honduras.

Grim toll as cocaine trade expands in Honduras - The Washington Post

Top 15 Most Dangerous Cities in the World 2013 - American Live Wire

BTW not one city (including Santo Domingo) in The DR makes into the top 30 most dangerous cities in the world.

http://news.terra.com/the-30-most-d...800cb773f0fec310VgnCLD2000009bcceb0aRCRD.html

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Could it be this list was based on the worst city in the world for possible attack by a sanky panky

Status
Not open for further replies.