INPOSDOM (mail): not bad at all!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Unknown to me, somebody sent me an envelop from the US (Texas) by regular mail. I was surprised when today an INPOSDOM employee came to the office with the envelope containing documents. It was sent on May 08 and was delivered today, which means roughly 2 weeks. That's pretty good in my book. Good work INPOSDOM!. (I still won't trust them with anything of value).

pc75c.jpg

M0823MIKE

May 19, 2006
Eps rates

JUST CHECKED THE EPS RATES. from dom rep to usa door to door next day service with tracking aboutthe same as fedex or ups -approx 2000 pesos. there are certified mail 400 pesos and 5- 8 working days for 400 pesos and snail mail 150 pesos and up to 2 weeks but must be picked up at miami office. INPOSDOM ALSO HAS EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE WITH ONLINE TRACKING AT 900 PESOS. seems like cheapest express option but the big question is is it reliable. anyone can help me on that?

Unknown to me, somebody sent me an envelop from the US (Texas) by regular mail. I was surprised when today an INPOSDOM employee came to the office with the envelope containing documents. It was sent on May 08 and was delivered today, which means roughly 2 weeks. That's pretty good in my book. Good work INPOSDOM!. (I still won't trust them with anything of value).

pc75c.jpg

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
That is very good. The Dominican Postal Service seems to be improving but I still wouldn't bank on the service to be consistent to the point of reliable.

LTSteve

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
JUST CHECKED THE EPS RATES. from dom rep to usa door to door next day service with tracking aboutthe same as fedex or ups -approx 2000 pesos. there are certified mail 400 pesos and 5- 8 working days for 400 pesos and snail mail 150 pesos and up to 2 weeks but must be picked up at miami office. INPOSDOM ALSO HAS EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE WITH ONLINE TRACKING AT 900 PESOS. seems like cheapest express option but the big question is is it reliable. anyone can help me on that?

Its hit and miss with this service. A friend sent a letter using this and the cost was $RD875 and it took 3 weeks to deliver to Barrie Ont. I sent a letter using the $RD125 registered method to the same address and it took just under 2 weeks.
You can track the letter using the more expensive way, but its not always the fastest.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Living in Punta Cana, I had no idea there was a postal service in the DR. Can I assume it's only in SD? Granted, I do remember seeing those blue mailboxes (just like in the US) when I lived in Pueblo Bavaro, but those were used as trash bins...LOL.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
For government documents like the above the IMPOSDOM is reliable. For everything else you never know if you will get it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Living in Punta Cana, I had no idea there was a postal service in the DR. Can I assume it's only in SD? Granted, I do remember seeing those blue mailboxes (just like in the US) when I lived in Pueblo Bavaro, but those were used as trash bins...LOL.

My mother send me mail from Canada and it always gets here to Jarabacoa. Takes 3-5 weeks though.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
My mother send me mail from Canada and it always gets here to Jarabacoa. Takes 3-5 weeks though.

Not that I've gone out of my way to look, but in the 4 years I've been in PC I've not seen a post office or any indication that mail service exists.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not that I've gone out of my way to look, but in the 4 years I've been in PC I've not seen a post office or any indication that mail service exists.

There is a post office in most towns and cities. Where do you live?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I'm sure there is one in Punta Cana. I live in Sosua and there is a post office here.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was one at Plaza Sol B?varo (opposite what used to be La Marqueta), not sure if it is still there.