Opthamologist Recommendation

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yesterday I had my first eye check from Dr. Carlos Burroughs at Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata. I fond him to be very friendly person and I was well satisfied with his examination. i will definitely be going to him again. We conversed in Spanish (my choice), but he said he speaks "a little" English, which I have found usually means they speak pretty good English. But he spoke Spanish clearly enough and slow enough that I had no difficulty understanding everything.

He has been mentioned and recommended in other threads, but none mentioned something I think very important to know.

In the morning he sees patients in order of arrival, but he schedules appointments starting at 4 pm in the afternoon.

I wanted to be one of the first so I had to wait a week for an appointment since many of his patients apparently early appointments, and mine was for 4:30 (appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes each). The person ahead of me was finished at 4:30 and I was finished at 5:00, but I did not feel that my appointment was rushed. In other words, he starts on time and tries to keep his schedule, but not to the detriment of the patient.

And the best news is that unlike some doctors who accept appointments but charge more than they do for patients seen in order of arrival, there was no difference. I don't have insurance so paid in effectivo: RD$1000, which is common at Bournigal.

His office is on the first floor, tel 809-586-4330