Imported Black Angus Steak

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Where in SD can I find raw Imported Black Angus Steak or Argentinian or similar. I want to grill on the home BBQ

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Tried a piece of black angus imported meat yesterday in Bravo (Nunez de Caceres). Excellent.

Chef pepper has raw imported steaks as well and will deliver to your house.
http://www.chefpepper.net/pdf/menu-store.pdf

Good choices I also tried the Bravo(Nunez) angus the other day and last week bought the raw rib eyes from Chef Pepper. Pepper a little pricey 750 for 12 oz raw. Don Nestor you can get the same 16 oz grilled on their Parillada for a little less i think. I get take there often as well. Today I will try the Nellos Carne option!
Maurico we must be neighbours? El Milloncito for me.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nacional has Angus in Punta Cana, I would assume they have it in SD also.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Good choices I also tried the Bravo(Nunez) angus the other day and last week bought the raw rib eyes from Chef Pepper. Pepper a little pricey 750 for 12 oz raw. Don Nestor you can get the same 16 oz grilled on their Parillada for a little less i think. I get take there often as well. Today I will try the Nellos Carne option!
Maurico we must be neighbours? El Milloncito for me.

I call it Los restauradores or las Praderas, but I think it's called el millioncito. I live very near colegio Serafin de asis

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Please keep in mine that meat labeled "Angus" or "Black Angus" should not be relied upon to be of better quality or tenderness. It's impossible to tell the breed of cattle of a carcass once the hide is removed, so I don't pay any attention, nor care, if it is or is not Angus. "Certified Black Angus" is probably actually Angus, but that's no guarantee of quality. It's just a brand name of a group of Angus cattle producers.

What is an indicator of probable tenderness is a USDA grade stamp of Select, Choice or Prime. If beef imported from the USA doesn't have any USDA stamp, it's ungraded and you are on your own. Look on the Internet and learn what each grade looks like and judge for yourself before plunking down extra money. Graded or not, there are differences that you can see and will taste. My opinion is that if a carcass would grade favorably, then the processor would have had it graded. These companies that don't grade their meat are good at marketing, but short on standards or objective data.

I have no clue about beef from other countries that might be imported. Beef produced in the DR that would grade Choice or better must be scarce, as I have never seen it yet for sale. And it would need to be aged!! The breeds of cattle that produce this quality of meat would not typically do well in this climate. I am told there are high elevation areas where British Breeds (Hereford, Angus, Shorthorn, etc) are raised. But they would have to be properly fed and the meat properly processed to be what most steak lovers are looking for in a "good steak".

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
good info to know. I grew up on angus, I thought all beef cattle were black. that's all we ate. One slaughtered one a year for our own use. ANgus does taste good it was bred to taste good. Red angus you will never know the difference Black angus is poplular because the marketing and advertising, Brangus was good too. I agree with a previuos post most times you will never know that it is not angus. I am sure their are some who claim they can , I ate it growing up for 18 years and I can't tell. I know I hated hamburgers in restaurants because they tasted awful. a cow is what they eat.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Try this, excellent import

I buy ,y stuff at mopaximport.com , check their web site they have directions. Is an importer not a store, but you can all kind of great meats and sea foods.

Where in SD can I find raw Imported Black Angus Steak or Argentinian or similar. I want to grill on the home BBQ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend raises and breeds Texas Longhorns --- they're good.

I want to show him RD.... these cattle are truly 'wild' -unlike the adulterated cows we consume regularly (I'm not usually this way, but he's convinced me)

They know how to survive , these Texas ones.
No assistance needed at birthing.... truly survival of the fittest.... the weak die