Trujillo conspiracy theory

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
So, the US made Trujillo go because they feared a communist coup. However less than 2 years later, Juan Bosch won the elections and the US had to invade to overthrow him.

A quien le creo?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
My grandma kind of believed in such a conspiracy theory. I remember her saying that nobody (meaning the public) ever saw the body. I really doubt a person as egotistical and who loved the limelight as much as Trujillo would agree to just leave power and go into anonymity.

Castle: I agree that theory sounds ludicrous. From what I understand Trujillo had complete control of The DR up to the last minute and as a matter of fact he was seen as a counterpart to the leftist movements going on in Cuba and other parts of Latin America as he was very Pro-US.

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
My grandma kind of believed in such a conspiracy theory. I remember her saying that nobody (meaning the public) ever saw the body. I really doubt a person as egotistical and who loved the limelight as much as Trujillo would agree to just leave power and go into anonymity.

Castle: I agree that theory sounds ludicrous. From what I understand Trujillo had complete control of The DR up to the last minute and as a matter of fact he was seen as a counterpart to the leftist movements going on in Cuba and other parts of Latin America as he was very Pro-US.

He was very pro-Us but things started to change in the US with regards to their position on Trujillo. Late in the Eisenhower administration plans were being formulated on how to remove Trujillo. A big part of this was Castro coming to power. The thought of US policy makers was how can the country oppose one dictator, Castro, but support another, Trujillo. Also they were keenly aware of anti-Trujillo movements in DR, i.e. 14 de Junio and wanted to be sure that a Pro-US gov't would replace Trujillo.

May 12, 2005
Just as an aside, Ramfis Trujillo's daughter is coming out with a book that kind of trashes Balaguer and how he treated her father after her grandfather's murder. She says that they were abandoned by him and the country. According to her, Balaguer gave her father millions as he exiled him and cut him off from ties to DR and seized all of the families property for the state. Leaving them with no home country. Her father only having an Italian passport. Should make for an interesting read. I look at this situation as Balaguer wanting to get the Trujillo's out of the picture so as to make his government appear legitimate to other nations and free from their influence.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Just as an aside, Ramfis Trujillo's daughter is coming out with a book that kind of trashes Balaguer and how he treated her father after her grandfather's murder. She says that they were abandoned by him and the country. According to her, Balaguer gave her father millions as he exiled him and cut him off from ties to DR and seized all of the families property for the state. Leaving them with no home country. Her father only having an Italian passport. Should make for an interesting read. I look at this situation as Balaguer wanting to get the Trujillo's out of the picture so as to make his government appear legitimate to other nations and free from their influence.

If anybody is willing to give me millions if a exile, please give me a call...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Balaguer was a traitor and manipulator through and through...Even though he rose to power riding on Trujillo's coattails and always kissing Trujillo's @ss he went on to The UN in 1961 (After Trujillo was dead of course) and denounced Trujillo saying that "The country had lived 30 years of terror"....never mind that he was "vice-president" through a lot of that period. What a coward and punk...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KKKOXgRjysk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Trujillo and Balaguer destroyed most of this country's 21st century during the 20th century.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Balaguer was a traitor and manipulator through and through...Even though he rose to power riding on Trujillo's coattails and always kissing Trujillo's @ss he went on to The UN in 1961 (After Trujillo was dead of course) and denounced Trujillo saying that "The country had lived 30 years of terror"....never mind that he was "vice-president" through a lot of that period. What a coward and punk...

And his presidency was so much better for the people?? :cry:

At one point many years ago, Balaguer was trying to have Pena Gomez killed, and his goons were literally chasing him in the streets. My suegra was a Pena, and related to the family who raised him, and he knew her well - so he ran to her house and she hid him in her bedroom until they gave up and left the neighborhood. I forget what precipitated it, but it blew over and they later were frenemies.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Last edited by a moderator:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
And his presidency was so much better for the people?? :cry:

At one point many years ago, Balaguer was trying to have Pena Gomez killed, and his goons were literally chasing him in the streets. My suegra was a Pena, and related to the family who raised him, and he knew her well - so he ran to her house and she hid him in her bedroom until they gave up and left the neighborhood. I forget what precipitated it, but it blew over and they later were frenemies.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

AE there are always those who yearn for those days. Of course these were the ones who were on the government's teat. My dad and several of my uncles were Perredeistas. I was a kid then, but still remember the palpable fear that existed about "La Banda Colora" and would hear how so and so was "disappeared", etc. I didn't live during Trujillo, but I think I would have taken Trujillo over Balaguer. They were both tyrants, but at least with Trujillo you probably knew exactly where things stood and from what I've read institutions worked as expected. Balaguer was the one who institutionalized the corruption we're still living with to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This theory is bogus, Trujillo died in the shoot out that took place on May 30, 1961. The reason his body was not shown to anyone was because his face was completely destroyed by all the bullets and possibly other types of attacks (kicking or smashing stones on his head.) That's why a mask of Trujillo's face was made in order to have something resembling him be shown to the people on the day of his funeral.

The conspiracy that is not cleared yet is whether Ramfis was killed by the CIA in Madrid. Officially he died after crashing his sports car, but that's how CIA assassinations often were carried. There were rumors that Ramfis became very furious towards the USA after he was told that the CIA probably played a role in the assassination of his father. In retaliation, Ramfis supposedly helped finance the assassination of JFK and later the CIA returned the favor.

May 5, 2007
Don't forget the US thoughts on Trujillo, at least those of President FDR "He may be a bastard, but he's our bastard."

May 12, 2005
This theory is bogus, Trujillo died in the shoot out that took place on May 30, 1961. The reason his body was not shown to anyone was because his face was completely destroyed by all the bullets and possibly other types of attacks (kicking or smashing stones on his head.) That's why a mask of Trujillo's face was made in order to have something resembling him be shown to the people on the day of his funeral.

The conspiracy that is not cleared yet is whether Ramfis was killed by the CIA in Madrid. Officially he died after crashing his sports car, but that's how CIA assassinations often were carried. There were rumors that Ramfis became very furious towards the USA after he was told that the CIA probably played a role in the assassination of his father. In retaliation, Ramfis supposedly helped finance the assassination of JFK and later the CIA returned the favor.

The shot fired by De la Maza was to the face/mouth area damaging his jaw and knocking out his dental plate. Hence the need for a mask.