ccenjum02.jpg

ccenjum01.jpg

562699_491429897540647_629968618_n.jpg

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Hooray! Another one of these!
So...
Which individual are they building this for?
The person who need this shop can have it as their private place to shop. I already have La Sirena at Duarte as my place as their Churrasco is some what consistently decent.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
where might this be built?

On The intersection of Av Estrella Sadhala with Av Juan Pablo Duarte, right across metro bus station, in that big empty lot. Guys don't complain about this, more supermarkets means more competition, and more options to choose from. The traffic in that intersection is bad, so with the new Jumbo it will just get worse, that's the only negative That this project will bring to the city.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
On The intersection of Av Estrella Sadhala with Av Juan Pablo Duarte, right across metro bus station, in that big empty lot. Guys don't complain about this, more supermarkets means more competition, and more options to choose from. The traffic in that intersection is bad, so with the new Jumbo it will just get worse, that's the only negative That this project will bring to the city.
Right next to the Bravo? I thought these Spanish guys at least discuss with each other when planning new stores.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
After going to the Jumbo in Agora Mall, I'm impressed. What a nice store!

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Guys don't complain about this, more supermarkets means more competition, and more options to choose from.

But Jumbo is a Nacional's subsidiary, isn't it ?

There are 2 nacional within a mile + this Jumbo I do not call it competition...it is more a way to kill potential competitors.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Its funny how they draw Porche's driving around it.

What amazes me is the level of design that these big box retailers in the DR. The ones here in Canada look like warehouses...keeps the prices down and are efficient.

Is all the parking below ground? Ease of parking is the key to stores this size.

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
Screw jumbo i hate jumbo i love bravo and the quailty of there meats and sea food is execellent.they have an on site chess factory andon tuedays 36% off on fruits and if you have ascotia bank bravo credit card you can use it and get an aditional 10% any day of the week.bravo is killing national right now in santiago.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
we stopped shopping for food in jumbo when the meat department started to stink and have flies.

there is no competition - Nacional x2, plus 2 jumbos (same company), 4 Sirenas (same company) and one bravo. So eventhough there are a TON of supermarkets, there are really only three competitors in the market. (and please, la fuente and central and el Tesoro don't count)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is that credit card hard to get for a US citizen?

Screw jumbo i hate jumbo i love bravo and the quailty of there meats and sea food is execellent.they have an on site chess factory andon tuedays 36% off on fruits and if you have ascotia bank bravo credit card you can use it and get an aditional 10% any day of the week.bravo is killing national right now in santiago.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
there is no competition - Nacional x2, plus 2 jumbos (same company), 4 Sirenas (same company) and one bravo.

Yes they occupied the field to kill competition...as ferreterian Ochoa did opening a store at each corner and at the end thats is canibalism...they eat themselves

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the joy of Nacional is that they have a branch near to Casa Cuesta, the best store in the republic

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I shop "Jumbo" on "Lupeon" here in SD.
You are right about their "MEAT"!
I like the "Department/Hardware" parts of the store very much.
I buy fruits and vegetables there most Tuesdays, for their big discounts.
They have a HUGE multilevel under ground parking garage.
AND, large, clean restrooms, even a "Changing room" for babies diapers.
I don't find many "Out-Of-Code" products anymore in SD's supermarkets.
STILL, if buying "American Products", ALWAYS check the "Sell Buy" date!!!
I buy most meats at "National" in Arroyo Hondo SD.
Wed. is "Fruit & Veggie: discount day at "all Super Mercados National.
I'm off for 50% off "Plantanos", and MORE!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Malls", I HATE, Super Markets, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Um... you do know that Casa Cuesta is another arm of CCN, right? Jumbo/National/Cuesta/Casa Cuesta - all the same company.

Pichardo, is your "B" key broke, so you're using the "P" instead?

no, JD, i was not aware. it is a fabulous store, nonetheless.