Traffic Accident / Tourists / Higuey

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thought for a moment one of the trucks of our friends company was involved, but they are not green...

Hopefully no serious injuries...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Seems the 2 persons in the Jeepeta are dead. Tourists no serious injuries my wife told me (she heard it from the tour guide*).

*srry, from the wife of the guide...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
A friend of mine is on-site helping out the victims and tells me there were no deaths. 18 injured, all from Dr and Puerto Rico.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Looks like guia made it bigger than it was to his wife... how was that again with stories what are retold over and over?

A friend of mine is on-site helping out the victims and tells me there were no deaths. 18 injured, all from Dr and Puerto Rico.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Investigating a little bit more my wife told me she was told "grave", not dead...

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Even with the confusion, DR1 still seems more accurate and reliable than Listin Diario or Hoy.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I always hated that road at La Otra Banda. On my few trips to that area, there were always some scary moments..

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I always hated that road at La Otra Banda. On my few trips to that area, there were always some scary moments..

HB

HB, PJT agrees. Before, to travel from Higuey to Punta Cana there were two options, Otra Banda-Punta Cana or the Otra Banda-Macao-Punta Cana route. The latter is really a long route option. Now, the Coral Highway provides a better and safer option to to travel the Punta Cana - Higuey route. PJT prefers it even at the 100 peso cost of the peaje. It is worth the expense, it has less traffic and risk to your safety. Traveling the Higuey - Otra Banda - Punta Cana road is high risk even for the defensive driver, avoid it if you can.

Regards,

PJT

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
HB, PJT agrees. Before, to travel from Higuey to Punta Cana there were two options, Otra Banda-Punta Cana or the Otra Banda-Macao-Punta Cana route. The latter is really a long route option. Now, the Coral Highway provides a better and safer option to to travel the Punta Cana - Higuey route. PJT prefers it even at the 100 peso cost of the peaje. It is worth the expense, it has less traffic and risk to your safety. Traveling the Higuey - Otra Banda - Punta Cana road is high risk even for the defensive driver, avoid it if you can.

Regards,

PJT

Agreed. The new highway is a godsend.

<rant>
Am I the only one that finds it excruciatingly annoying when people speak in the third person? I wanna just reach through the computer and strangle the guy!
</rant>

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
PJT's style may be unique but his posts always contain substance. Isn't that what counts?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Agreed. The new highway is a godsend.

<rant>
Am I the only one that finds it excruciatingly annoying when people speak in the third person? I wanna just reach through the computer and strangle the guy!
</rant>

InsanelOne, La Mariposa tells you to be careful no to hurt your computer