NEEDED: Audi/VW engine diagnostics in Sosua/Cabarete

May 20, 2012
Have a problem with an Audi Diesel.

Would really appreciate any help to find mechanic who can plug into the engine computer and read diagnostic codes in Sosua/Cabarete or somewhere on North Coast.

Please PM or just post.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In Nagua - maybe too far for you - Che is a mechanic with a NY State certificate and the diagnostics.

I got his name from somebody here on DR1 and have been really happy w/ him.

I can get the number if you decide to go that far.

Maybe a dealer in STI can help you

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is a place not far from downtown on the left leaving Sosua toward Cabarete. My friend who had a car dealership in Canada says they are qualified and reasonably priced. They are right after a car wash and right before the Sindicato de Camiones.

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com

Would really appreciate any help to find mechanic who can plug into the engine computer and read diagnostic codes in Sosua/Cabarete or somewhere on North Coast.

Please PM or just post.

In Santiago you could call Vladimir Curiel. He studied in the USA and has all the equiment. He speaks very well Ingles. ( 1 ) 829 405 3066

May 20, 2012
Thanks for all suggestions.

No luck so far with two mechanics.

Somewhere read there is a BMW mechanic in Sosua, but couldn't find with search function.

Anybody know? Maybe could help or knows someone since they are all German cars.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
If your willing to go to Santiago, there are quite a few VW certified mechanic shops to chose from. As an Audi owner myself, I always use the services of "Adonis Centro Volks Wagen". Their number is: tel. (809) 241-0089. While in Santiago, you also have the option of using the services of "Avelino Abreu C por A" car-company which brings all Audis and VW's into the county. Their number: (809) 971-2096, heads up though, "Avelino Abreu C. Por A" is on the expensive side.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Victor's auto service

Sos?a-News

Viktor`s Auto Service offer:

* Diagnostics. Maintenance. Repair. Replacement.

* Qualified repair of cars damaged body.

* Computer diagnostics (scanning)

* Preparation of vehicles for OFF-ROAD

* Secure car parking for any period

LOCATION: Camino Llibre (up from Sosua Police National), Turn left to “Panorama Village”/ “Altos de Sosua”. In 500mtrs black gate on right side.

Tel: +1.829.707.35.02

E-mail: dominica379@yahoo.com

Coche reparar

pas

Jun 7, 2004
and there a other german in the hils off sosua..
at the traffic light in charramicos
turn left drive up the hill//
drive all the way up...
at the end go to the right
and he will be at your lefthand side

kostahot

Jun 30, 2012
Mechanic

Please PM or just post.

There is one mechanic in Sosua Ocean Village. 829-808-0544

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would go with Adonis. He has been out mechanic for several years and all he handles are the Audis, VWs, and Beemers. I happen to have, by accident a timing belt, pulley, and some other goodies for that Audi...(don't ask!)

HB