anyone in POP willing to lend me kitchen scales?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hello all,

we are feeding some homeless cats in costambar. few weeks ago we noticed the stray female was prego and she blatantly moved in with us. she gave birth a week ago. it was a difficult birth and cat mama almost died: she had too dead kittens inside she could not push out and we had to take her for emergency surgery.

i am hand feeding kittens with formula as ma does not seem to produce much milk. but i do not know whether they are doing well enough, gaining weight as they should be. i borrowed kitchen scales from MIL but it's too big, the max is 10 kg and metric units go by 100 grams so it is almost impossible to say whether kittens are 110 or 140 grams...

i'd rather do not buy digital scale: we have no use for it, really, and besides, the surgery was 125 dollars, plus medicine, plus formula for the kittens... lots of expenses we did not plan...

does anyone in POP have a scale i could borrow for a month or so? it does not have to be super fancy as long as it can measure with more precision. i would be really grateful.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I live in POP and used to breed Himalayans cats when I was in Qu?bec. If you need help, let me know as I am very versed in that domaine. I will go and buy you a scale as I know exactly what you need. Will just have to find a way for me to get it to you. I'll also check what I have left in my cat's medicine or vitamins for your mama cat.

I'll let you know when I have the scale. I'll buy it today but don't know at what time. God bless you for taking care of those babies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
omg, i am speechless, you want to buy a scale for me? but i am not able to pay you back :(

i will contact you if i need know how help on my kittens. they are so beautiful... all of them, mama and the babies have been through a rough patch, i hope ma fully recovers and all kittens live to be great adults...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Don't need to pay me back darling, it's a gift for you because you have a big heart so that's the least I can do for you. Also I found some vitamins that you can give to mama cat and it will help her recover and maybe produce more milk.

I will go this afternoon to buy the scale. The kittens should gain at least 10 gr per day to be in perfect health. I will bring you also seringues to feed them, the way I used the feed my kittens when their mama had not enough milk.

How do we contact each other ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
omg again. crazy cat ladies have infinitely huge hearts :)

thank you for all your help. i will PM you my address and telephone number. if you can come here to costambar you will be able to see the kittens :) otherwise i'll catch a ride with miesposo (my car is not here) and we can meet somewhere in POP.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here are the kittens: leonel, margarita and danilo :)

dvt250.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they argued who should be the first at the exist and both got stuck...

on the picture of them together margarita is on the top of leonel (two white and ginger kittens) and danilo is pure ginger on the left. i swear they even take after their namesakes... leonel is the biggest glutton, with his bucket sized head and big belly he eats from all nipples, like a true come solo he is. margarita will suck the syringe dry in few seconds and then grudgingly cry when i rub her stomach, probably demanding i adress her usted and get her a hat. danilo is a PINA, refusing the syringe of corruption and making a racket when i try to give him some milk propina...

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
If Charlise has trouble locating a scale, I wonder if the animal organization in Costambar can help... what is the name again... something like Amigos de las quatro pattas...
Good luck!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, amigos de cuarto patas. i am in touch with carolina who gave me some deworming medicine. they were supposed to help me with saying the cat but alas, she needed emergency surgery and we had to take care of things. hopefully they can help to neuter the kittens before we give them away... we have people interested in two boys but no takers for margarita or cat mama. if no one claims mama she will probably stay here as outdoor/indoor cat...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i swear the jokes write themselves with those kittens... danilo, despite being the last out has already opened both eyes and looks at me suspiciously when i give him a kiss. margarita opened one eye, saw my lowly commoner's face and closed it again. leonel's both eyes are firmly shut despite being first out and the biggest too.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i swear the jokes write themselves with those kittens... danilo, despite being the last out has already opened both eyes and looks at me suspiciously when i give him a kiss. margarita opened one eye, saw my lowly commoner's face and closed it again. leonel's both eyes are firmly shut despite being first out and the biggest too.

keep your eyes peeled with Leonel. no valuables in plain sight. great job, dv8. do you have a sister? is she like you?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm pretty sure leonel will clean up my bank account before he even learns how to walk. he probably has a swiss account opened already and a neat stash there, seeing that the cats are locked up at night in an office with access to computers and modems.

i don't have a sister but i have an older brother and he's single.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
dv8, I did not forget you regarding the scale, just having problem finding one but I'll try to go today at La Sirena and get back to you.

I also found in my cat medicine cabinet some vitamins that are specificaly for mamas nursing kittens, which will boost her calcium intake and will help her recuperate and produce more milk.

Also if you could feed her kitten food, it would also help a lot for her proteins intake as she need 25% more than normal. Let her eat as much as she wants with a lot of water.

If you have questions, just ask. I'll get back to you later.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i'm pretty sure leonel will clean up my bank account before he even learns how to walk. he probably has a swiss account opened already and a neat stash there, seeing that the cats are locked up at night in an office with access to computers and modems.

i don't have a sister but i have an older brother and he's single.

thanks...however, my blade does not cut on that side.