Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: latest music

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default latest music

    I have been trying to find out more about the latest music but have not been successfull. It would be nice to know what songs/artist are popular at the moment. There must be something new since summer 2012 ;-)

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hmm obviously not

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julia31 View Post
    hmm obviously not
    i am hearing the same songs i heard in 2003. that's the latest.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have no heard anything worth mentioning in the over 10 years I have been here.

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I have no heard anything worth mentioning in the over 10 years I have been here.
    i have; when i log on to youtube.

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Check out local radio stations

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i am hearing the same songs i heard in 2003. that's the latest.
    If you check Dominican Radio station online, you will be likely hear some new music.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    If you check Dominican Radio station online, you will be likely hear some new music.
    with bachata, who can tell the difference?

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The latest music.

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    with bachata, who can tell the difference?
    I agree that bachata all sound quite a bit alike: the same instruments, the same rhythms, the same sort of voices. But the lyrics are different and some of the singers are different. It's like rap, with the difference is that rap is deliberately annoying, while bachata is only repetitive, like cumbia and vallenato and sambas.

    I find it is more easily endured when one is outside of several cervezas.

    Popular music everywhere is tedious, formulaic and repetitive: the rhythms, instruments and voices vary with the country.

  9. #9
    Off Topic - Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can't go wrong with any of these performers...........

    Alejandro Fernandez
    Alejandro Sanz.....one of the best
    Antony Santos
    El Veron De La Bachata
    Fernando Villalona.....My favorite
    Frank Reyes
    Luis Miguel
    Marco Antonio Solis
    Zacarrias Ferreira

    B in Santiago

  10. Likes PamelaRodriguez liked this post
  11. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    I agree that bachata all sound quite a bit alike: the same instruments, the same rhythms, the same sort of voices. But the lyrics are different and some of the singers are different. It's like rap, with the difference is that rap is deliberately annoying, while bachata is only repetitive, like cumbia and vallenato and sambas.

    I find it is more easily endured when one is outside of several cervezas.

    Popular music everywhere is tedious, formulaic and repetitive: the rhythms, instruments and voices vary with the country.
    actually, rap might be annoying to many, but it does have some creative production qualities. bachata has the same bass line in every song. i never got far playing an instrument. i played bass 45 years ago, and i was not very good. with a week of brushing up, i could play bass in a bachata band, and that is not a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO