latest music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
I have been trying to find out more about the latest music but have not been successfull. It would be nice to know what songs/artist are popular at the moment. There must be something new since summer 2012 ;-)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have no heard anything worth mentioning in the over 10 years I have been here.

Aug 6, 2006
The latest music.

with bachata, who can tell the difference?

I agree that bachata all sound quite a bit alike: the same instruments, the same rhythms, the same sort of voices. But the lyrics are different and some of the singers are different. It's like rap, with the difference is that rap is deliberately annoying, while bachata is only repetitive, like cumbia and vallenato and sambas.

I find it is more easily endured when one is outside of several cervezas.

Popular music everywhere is tedious, formulaic and repetitive: the rhythms, instruments and voices vary with the country.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You can't go wrong with any of these performers...........

Alejandro Fernandez
Alejandro Sanz.....one of the best
Antony Santos
El Veron De La Bachata
Fernando Villalona.....My favorite
Frank Reyes
Luis Miguel
Marco Antonio Solis
Zacarrias Ferreira

B in Santiago

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I agree that bachata all sound quite a bit alike: the same instruments, the same rhythms, the same sort of voices. But the lyrics are different and some of the singers are different. It's like rap, with the difference is that rap is deliberately annoying, while bachata is only repetitive, like cumbia and vallenato and sambas.

I find it is more easily endured when one is outside of several cervezas.

Popular music everywhere is tedious, formulaic and repetitive: the rhythms, instruments and voices vary with the country.

actually, rap might be annoying to many, but it does have some creative production qualities. bachata has the same bass line in every song. i never got far playing an instrument. i played bass 45 years ago, and i was not very good. with a week of brushing up, i could play bass in a bachata band, and that is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.