Public swimming pools, dancing,

B J

Feb 20, 2013
Hi
Im looking to locate the following in the general peurto plata sosua cabarete area; plus the closest land mark will help me find same
bachata / meringue places to dance.
I have fallen in love with dancing even though i suck . could you tell me the best nights when the place is pumping. street level and upper quality places would be appreciated , time it begins. I know of one place in sabaneta ( la bomba) are there more like that

Public pools and or swimming area
best times when loads of people are there

River places where dominicans hang out - not where they wash their clothes. But places where their music is pumping and i and my partner can take in the ambience of the place

cheers

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
Locals can be territorial about swimming areas. In Las Terrenas we have a great river swimming spot where everyone gets along but, down the road, Limon is acquiring a reputation for being dangerous to outsiders, both Dominican and blanco. Once locals get the idea that outsiders are there to steal their women, there's trouble. Always best to get people who are regulars to take you as guests. Watch a nature documentary on watering holes at night and you'll get the picture.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think this is the first time i see someone so enthusiastically asking here about entertainment places full of music and dominicans...

anyways, public pools, not so common here, really. some hotels will offer a day pass for the use of the pool, food and drinks. you can check that out.
i know that puero plata beach resort, right on the malecon, has a pool that is open to public at a low rate. there is loud music and lots of pee in the water. weekends are probably most crowded, all day long.

malecon in POP is a place to be on weened nights in general: deafening musics everywhere, lots of small places selling food and drinks, people playing dominoes, drinking and dancing.

there are several other places in POP: next to javillar there is a huge disco, cannot remember the name. close to the port there is la canita, close to vinicola del norte there is terazza caribe. next to the hospital there is a large car wash, and another one almost at the city exit, opposite the street from texaco gas station.

rivers... this is kinda off the beaten track. i know few places but i would not be able to explain how to get there. it is best that you go with a larger group of dominicans, more fun for you and they will know plenty of places to swim and have fun.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i think this is the first time i see someone so enthusiastically asking here about entertainment places full of music and dominicans...

anyways, public pools, not so common here, really. some hotels will offer a day pass for the use of the pool, food and drinks. you can check that out.
i know that puero plata beach resort, right on the malecon, has a pool that is open to public at a low rate. there is loud music and lots of pee in the water. weekends are probably most crowded, all day long.

malecon in POP is a place to be on weened nights in general: deafening musics everywhere, lots of small places selling food and drinks, people playing dominoes, drinking and dancing.

there are several other places in POP: next to javillar there is a huge disco, cannot remember the name. close to the port there is la canita, close to vinicola del norte there is terazza caribe. next to the hospital there is a large car wash, and another one almost at the city exit, opposite the street from texaco gas station.

rivers... this is kinda off the beaten track. i know few places but i would not be able to explain how to get there. it is best that you go with a larger group of dominicans, more fun for you and they will know plenty of places to swim and have fun.

how did i just know that you were going to specify that there is lots of pee in the water?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Hi
Im looking to locate the following in the general peurto plata sosua cabarete area; plus the closest land mark will help me find same
bachata / meringue places to dance.
I have fallen in love with dancing even though i suck . could you tell me the best nights when the place is pumping. street level and upper quality places would be appreciated , time it begins. I know of one place in sabaneta ( la bomba) are there more like that

Public pools and or swimming area
best times when loads of people are there

River places where dominicans hang out - not where they wash their clothes. But places where their music is pumping and i and my partner can take in the ambience of the place
cheers

Guidance from locals definitely a good idea, you don't want to be where they are washing their clothes, nor do you want to be just downstream.................:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, this is what my father used to say about a public swimming pool in my city (long since closed): half water, half pee. i just do not trust people here, i know they cannot be bothered to get out of the water to do their business. and if there are kids in the pool it's guaranteed to have an addition of various bodily fluids...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ha ha ha, this is what my father used to say about a public swimming pool in my city (long since closed): half water, half pee. i just do not trust people here, i know they cannot be bothered to get out of the water to do their business. and if there are kids in the pool it's guaranteed to have an addition of various bodily fluids...

my buddy stayed at this apartment complex with a pool, and on weekends they sold day passes to outsiders. if it was only the pee in the pool, that would not be that problematic. it was the...er..floating objects.. that were disconcerting.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
my buddy stayed at this apartment complex with a pool, and on weekends they sold day passes to outsiders. if it was only the pee in the pool, that would not be that problematic. it was the...er..floating objects.. that were disconcerting.

I think I will skip dinner and go to they Gym !!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
several years ago there was a arge public swimming pools complex, at the eastern end of long beach. however, it could not be maintained. maybe someone here will know more but i think there were several issues there, money and the lack of sanitation being some of them... water park columbus met the same fate...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
several years ago there was a arge public swimming pools complex, at the eastern end of long beach. however, it could not be maintained. maybe someone here will know more but i think there were several issues there, money and the lack of sanitation being some of them... water park columbus met the same fate...

i guess when the concentration of pee exceeds 50%, all bets are off. there is not enough tea in China to get me into a swimming pool here.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
i guess when the concentration of pee exceeds 50%, all bets are off. there is not enough tea in China to get me into a swimming pool here.

as i wrote my intial question....i just knew the anwers would focus on pee lol thanks for the advice.

I do know the sabaneta dance place. Im amazed that theres nothing more around the cabarete sosua area. I dont want a classic puta establishment ( i cant wait to hear the responses to that statement). I have heard about car washes......... is there anything like this sosua/cabarete way. Im putting together my itinerary now if you like that why i want to know nights an where

olease keep susggestions coming

La Toma de San Cristobal is a great exaple of what im looking for... but its far from my area

anyways thanks for your input

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
as i wrote my intial question....i just knew the anwers would focus on pee lol thanks for the advice.

I do know the sabaneta dance place. Im amazed that theres nothing more around the cabarete sosua area. I dont want a classic puta establishment ( i cant wait to hear the responses to that statement). I have heard about car washes......... is there anything like this sosua/cabarete way. Im putting together my itinerary now if you like that why i want to know nights an where

olease keep susggestions coming

La Toma de San Cristobal is a great exaple of what im looking for... but its far from my area

anyways thanks for your input

it ain't just the pee you have to worry about.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
keep your feet off the water and on the dance floor and you will be fine :)

just wanted to add there are several drink/music places on luis ginebra in POP, just follow loud music and you will find 'em :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
keep your feet off the water and on the dance floor and you will be fine :)

just wanted to add there are several drink/music places on luis ginebra in POP, just follow loud music and you will find 'em :)

just go to one place, and stay there. you will be able to hear the music from all the other places, all at the same time.