Long live Dominican Republic!

Chuu

Jun 19, 2013
[video=youtube;QLCCl-lOHZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCCl-lOHZI[/video]

Check out this video that I had made about us Dominicans, long live Dominican Republic!!

Chuu

Jun 19, 2013
Esta tierra es bendita.

It really is. Sometimes I think I'm beyond nacionalist and patriotism but the thing is I'm very proud of being Dominican.

Last edited by a moderator:

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
it is a very, very nice picture of the Dominican Republic, the Dominican Republic I like and love. But, Its only one side of the coin. All of us who lives here know that it is a other side of the coin, unfortunately.

But thanks for the video, I will play it for my children who have a Dominican mother to make them proud.

Chuu

Jun 19, 2013
it is a very, very nice picture of the Dominican Republic, the Dominican Republic I like and love. But, Its only one side of the coin. All of us who lives here know that it is a other side of the coin, unfortunately.

But thanks for the video, I will play it for my children who have a Dominican mother to make them proud.

Yeah, we all know there is another side of the coin, however the DR suffers from the same socioeconomic problems like any other third world country. The DR is actually a rich country with a huge potential of progressing but the thing is, most of our politics are very corrupted and the country has been very bad administrated for decades so far.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Keep this thread on-topic and let the moderators worry about spelling and content.

-Berzin

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Yeah, we all know there is another side of the coin, however the DR suffers from the same socioeconomic problems like any other third world country. The DR is actually a rich country with a huge potential of progressing but the thing is, most of our politics are very corrupted and the country has been very bad administrated for decades so far.

Yes it's a third world country and yes very badly administrated.
On Tuesday they came to read my electrical meter, this morning they came to disconnect me because I had not paid my bill which I had not received for the 7th month in a row.
What a logic they prefer to pay a crew to cut me off instead of saving themselves the costs by sending me an invoice which would save them money because it's a lot cheaper.
Never met a people being so proud of their country as the Dominicans, never understood it either, must be the loss of sense of reality. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Frank, you surely know that not getting the "BILL" does not excuse you from paying that bill.
If you have EDESUR, you can get your charges by a phone call, then pay with a credit card, might have to be DR bank's card, I don't know.
I pay about 16,000 a month.
They once cut me off for two pesos.
Now what a great idea that was, a guy paying 16,000 a month for years, is cut off for 2 pesos.
Rather wait for 2 pesos than receive 16,000.
"Dominican Logic" at it's highest level.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe some of the Dominican Expats could "Come Home" and help make some changes for the better HERE??????
Instead of "wagging the Bandera Dominicana THERE????
Just a thought.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Maybe you can find work with pichard's "PR" firm????

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Frank, you surely know that not getting the "BILL" does not excuse you from paying that bill.
If you have EDESUR, you can get your charges by a phone call, then pay with a credit card, might have to be DR bank's card, I don't know.
I pay about 16,000 a month.
They once cut me off for two pesos.
Now what a great idea that was, a guy paying 16,000 a month for years, is cut off for 2 pesos.
Rather wait for 2 pesos than receive 16,000.
"Dominican Logic" at it's highest level.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chris, your paying way to much, its time to get Dominicanized. You are close enough to some barrios, run a wire, get connected, save the hassle and the 16k monthly. Do this and you can run all AC 24/7 with the doors open so your dogs can stay cool. The secret that most gringos don't realize, Electricity in the DR really is free!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Been There, Done THAT" for many years.
Paid lots of fines each time I got caught.
It's time to find a new free,"Contact Point".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
"Been There, Done THAT" for many years.
Paid lots of fines each time I got caught.
It's time to find a new free,"Contact Point".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

There is a fine for "theft" here.....And here I thought it was a right!! Hmmmmm :confused:

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Nice job!

"Dominicano Soy" always brings tears to my gringa eyes as it clearly expresses a passion for a country that many have a shared passion for.

Why does every piece have to represent a "reality" that we know exists? I'm no Pichardo, but certainly when one is vacationing it's ok to experience the good, the cultural, the historical without going barrio. And these type of pieces have their place for those growing up away from "the patria" in places where that pride isn't encouraged. It also represents the possible, and if anything, we all know there is so much more possible for the masses in the DR.

I do agree that the biggest hope the country has for change is from those living in other places returning and demanding it.

Look forward to more videos and believe DR1 is enriched by having more Dominicans contributing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Maybe some of the Dominican Expats could "Come Home" and help make some changes for the better HERE??????
Instead of "wagging the Bandera Dominicana THERE????

swczut.jpg

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is nothing wrong with Dominican pride. Just a difference in living here daily opposed to visiting once a year at Christmas.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That's called, "False Pride"!
I have to admit, I love the mixing of "Races".
"Hybred Vigor" and all that aside,"Mulatas" are Fiiiiiiiiine looking ladies.
I have been "Mejorando La Raza" here for 16 years!
Dominican termanalogy, Not Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
A Credit To My RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The "Human Race"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC