$$ limit

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Does anyone know what the daily or transaction limit is using the ATM as Scotia bank in Cabarete

Bob K

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It goes by the card, Bob.

There is an ATM transaction limit - 10,000 in Cabarete if I recall, it can vary branch to branch - but you just keeping hitting it for 10 until you hit your card's limit.

Mine is topped at $1,000CAD daily - $3,000CAD max for the week. (It's a Scotia card)
I had it 'upped' a couple of years ago to reduce my wire transfers... just call your branch, the manager can do it.
They know I live in RD, so I don't need to inform about my comings and goings.

In Cab - one machine gives out 200 peso bills up to 5,000 and the other has the 10,000 limit in 500's
Avoid the midget money one - on the left , I think.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The ATM limit is just 'per transaction'..... slide the card in and do it again!!
Then the card dictates the limit - not the machine

CCCCCCologne can take it from here about sliding in multiple entries

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aha...we are all Scotia customers.... no fees....

Get a CDN Scotia account..... and free at B of America all over the USA

We have a ScotiaBank acc now, but it took them forever to accept big transfers of money and we were building a pool, fence and sooo much more so the Credit Cards and other ATM Cards were used A LOT!

It was complete madness. I am thankful i will never have to go through a first time getting a bank account here and using Canadian accounts etc.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

blue eyes

Jan 24, 2013
They charge five dollars per transaction,just got my bank statement.I used my BMO debit card at the Scotiabank in Cab.I would withdraw Ten thousand pesos from ATM on the left and another ten thousand from ATM on the right.Which would give me about five hundred dollars for a few days.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
You may want to try the BHD in the center of Cab. I was in there paying an insurance bill and asked what the limit was per transaction and the teller told me it was RD$38k. This may reduce some of your fees.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
banco bhd seems to have a limit of 15k PSD (at least half year ago)

other ones are 10k, with the a random generator limiting it to 8k from time to tome

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
banco bhd seems to have a limit of 15k PSD (at least half year ago)

other ones are 10k, with the a random generator limiting it to 8k from time to tome

Could be true, but this is what the teller told me a couple of weeks ago, and I asked him to reconfirm.....but hey this is the DR, they say one thing today, and tomorrow its totally opposite....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That is a 'dispensing' limit.... as long as your card has a higher limit than 10.... just start again - for 10 more.

I take 40,000 sometimes ---- 4 withdrawals x 10,000DRP..... from the same machine, not changing sides........... like pulling a slot machine lever, keep doing it until you win !!!!:devious:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I stopped getting money at "ATMs" due to cloning of my cards data, and "Fees" now charged by local, and foreign banks.
I prefer to cash personal checks on a Boston bank here.
I get dollar per dollar, from the "Casa de Cambio" I have used for 27 years, but then changing those US dollars at Vimenca, which always gives a higher rate than "Mi Casa".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do both..... Scotia Canada or ScotiaRD cards.... checks on a Phila Bank....plus wire money in.

Just whichever is easier at any given time.

I wear glasses with a false nose and a wig when I use the ATM.....
and have CCCCCCCCC embroidered across my shirt.
They never touch me:speechles

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
William, that explains why I saw myself exiting an "ATM" at the same time I was going in!
But I was not as Handsome for some reason.
Must have been the "Capri Pants", and the purse that confused me!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"Capri" pants date you.... "Pedal Pushers" is more appropriate.....

But they're comfortable........ except for the zzzzzzipper being on the hip

WWWWWWWWWWWW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What about 'Clam Diggers"??????????
Or "Pescadores" like the Dominicanos call them.
CCCCCC
AND,your Canadian "A$$" is MUCH smaller then my American A$$"!