Expansion of the Santo Domingo Metro

Should the Metro be expanded?

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Should the Metro be expanded?

A) I have used the Metro and it should be expanded.
B) I have used the Metro and it should not be expanded.
C) I have not used the Metro and it should be expanded.
D) I have not used the Metro and it should not be expanded.

Leave comments as desired.

[video=youtube;xPJfwtssrv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJfwtssrv0[/video]

KJS73

Feb 25, 2011
I rode the metro to several destinations over the weekend and really liked it. I wish there was a stop near the Colonial Zone.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i haven't used the metro yet but i support it. there is no other solution to the transport problem in SD.

Aug 19, 2004
There should be limited expansion (airport?) but lower population densities in the suburbs means that many locations will have to rely on an expamded bus network/complementing the metro system.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think they key is an expansion that makes sense: from densely populated outskirts of SD towards the city center where many jobs are. something that will be constantly used by large numbers of people. then, in the future, a smaller, circular line connecting most important parts of the central SD so one can travel to the hospitals, government offices and malls (yes, i said malls, i am kinda embarrassed now). something a bit like london network.

fat chance with metro going all the way to the airport. sindicalistas of transporte are already pi**ed off as it is. that could only be done over their dead bodies (not a bad idea there). SD transport connection is a piece of s**t, thou. the airports i have seen in europe all have various transport services: trains, buses or cheap shuttle. in SD it's taxi or nothing, unless you have your own car.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Full Metro Project:

2266432411_4089f3d5cf_o.jpg

Proposed Expansion for Line 2 (Line 1 is orange, Line 2 is black, the proposed expansion is red):

9gf.png

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What about you???
Have you used the "Metro", when you VISIT the DR from the USA???
Just like 99% of Dominicans, we "DR1ers" never use the "METRO", we just hve to pay for it, and receive nothing in return.
CC

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
well,use it.And what are you paying for the metro????
bob

What about you???
Have you used the "Metro", when you VISIT the DR from the USA???
Just like 99% of Dominicans, we "DR1ers" never use the "METRO", we just hve to pay for it, and receive nothing in return.
CC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am Paying, EXTREMELY HIGH TAXES!!!!!!
NewUser", If you have a college degree,.................................Go Get A Refund"!!!!!
My son uses the "Metro" everyday to go to his University, and loves it!
I'm talking about the 99% of Dominicans, and foreigners who get to "Pay", but never ride.
I'm talking "Priorities"!
A country that can not, and will not,provide the basics to it's people!
No "lights", Water/Sewer, Education, Health Care,police/fire protection,the "Rule Of Law", Honest Government, and on & on & on!
As I said,...."Priorities"!
And don't forget to get your money back, or maybe you just missed the "Statistics" block???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello, everyone, I have used the Metro, only because I was with family and friends and we said lets use it. Runs fine to me and if some can't get to use it then it should be expanded, as long as quality or other situations are also considered and acknowledged. Thanks all, God bless
Biggs :)

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
if the politicians had their way we would have a metro to the moon (the bigger the project >> more money get's pocketed)
but we need another line. The "sindicatos" motoconchos like to hold the country hostage with their TRANSPORTATION STRIKE.
with more lines they can strike till the cows come home, and the city will remain status quo :)

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I'm talking "Priorities"!
A country that can not, and will not,provide the basics to it's people!
No "lights", Water/Sewer, Education, Health Care,police/fire protection,the "Rule Of Law", Honest Government, and on & on & on!
As I said,...."Priorities"!

This!

the poor get poorer

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
This!

the poor get poorer

Let them die of hunger if they don't want to work...

Spare me the usual load of manure on this subject.

99% of the world's population is poor, go sew a red cape and save the 99% of the world on your own.

I learned a long time ago that poverty is something only a person that has got too much can make a fuzz about it, since they know not any other way of living than having it all to their reach.

The so called "first worlders" will tell you the basics are indeed the rule to measure "development", yet the ruler somehow is not able to measure the disaster of an environment their basics brought upon them. Like nuclear waste to power those big cities with redundancy, the damages to the aquifers from fracking, placing salt where it don't belong to pump oil up from the underground, the amounts of mineral charcoal mined from deep the ground and the damages it causes for eons to the subsoil.

The amount of damages brought upon those environments to obtain that ruler of first world based on basics coverage, is worst than being poor and developing...

Being poor is subjected to the environment you live. You don't have to live in a mansion to be living a rich life. You don't need water running from a pipe in your home to be "clean".

Stop the BS and keep to the facts. Mass transit is the only way to keep growing cities from becoming gridlocked.

The more lines the SD Metro adds, the better the service it will render and the faster the transportation problem in the city will come to an end. The poor? The rich? Who cares! This is Metro, not welfare! Most certainly not your nanny state back home...

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Let them die of hunger if they don't want to work...

Spare me the usual load of manure on this subject.

99% of the world's population is poor, go sew a red cape and save the 99% of the world on your own.

I learned a long time ago that poverty is something only a person that has got too much can make a fuzz about it, since they know not any other way of living than having it all to their reach.

The so called "first worlders" will tell you the basics are indeed the rule to measure "development", yet the ruler somehow is not able to measure the disaster of an environment their basics brought upon them. Like nuclear waste to power those big cities with redundancy, the damages to the aquifers from fracking, placing salt where it don't belong to pump oil up from the underground, the amounts of mineral charcoal mined from deep the ground and the damages it causes for eons to the subsoil.

The amount of damages brought upon those environments to obtain that ruler of first world based on basics coverage, is worst than being poor and developing...

Being poor is subjected to the environment you live. You don't have to live in a mansion to be living a rich life. You don't need water running from a pipe in your home to be "clean".

Stop the BS and keep to the facts. Mass transit is the only way to keep growing cities from becoming gridlocked.

The more lines the SD Metro adds, the better the service it will render and the faster the transportation problem in the city will come to an end. The poor? The rich? Who cares! This is Metro, not welfare! Most certainly not your nanny state back home...

Angry heartless man

I am sorry for caring that the poor people of the DR get a fair shake. Shame on me for thinking such evil thoughts.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I am not a metro hater.I did get to use it once and I was impressed by it! I just think that it`s not a priority and that it could wait until more important things are taken care of.

When I was a kid, my mother had to support us alone. We always had quality and plentiful food, We only went to private schools and had all our health and basic needs taken care of. At school, I was always one of the first kids in my class to have all of the textbooks for the school year, and they were always new. I actually had "rich" kids borrowing books from me. But, I didn`t have any fancy toys, no expensive clothes, I could only go to trips if we could really afford it.

I see the government as that "rich" kid`s parent, who gets all the gadgets, travels to "Miami" in the summer, has amazing parties,but whose fridge is empty and has to come to my house to study because he has no books.
There are no priorities!!!

I have not used the metro, but i feel the right thing to do is to slowly expand it. Now remember i have answered this because i would like to see the country prosper.

I have not answered the question with a "economical Metro study" in my back. I know the costs are ridiculus.