Tricom Internet outage yet again... this is getting old.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Anyone in the east (or anywhere else for that matter) having issues with Tricom internet? My WiMAX service was out this morning for a couple of hours, came back up and then died again at noon. Been out ever since.

Their website isn't even responding: www.tricom.net

WTF?

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Delancer has been fine for me the last few days, in fact no real issues for the last couple of years. But I've had problems in the past when I lived elsewhere. Seemed like just about every time it would rain even a little bit I would have internet issues. I really think it was due to the wiring in or leading to the place I was renting. I went back and forth with them a few times and never got the problem resolved. But after moving I haven't had any issues even during really bad storms. Well, I did have an issue when I first moved but that was due to a bad cable on the property. After they changed it there have been no issues. It has been rainy the last few days so I wonder if that is contributing to some of the problems others are having.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Internet finally came back early this morning. Tricom's website is functional again. Something was definitely going wrong. Tricom has been less and less reliable these days. I've noticed bandwidth issues over the last couple of months. Interestingly enough I've discovered that speedtests to Santo Domingo are fine (3Mbps) but frequently I'll get little more than dial-up speeds to US destinations.