Hola Dr1!!

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that though I have not posted until now, this forum has helped me so much!! I stumbled across it in looking up information on how I can help and be supportive of my husband in adjusting smoothly to life with me in the US. We just got married 2 months ago and are working on his spouse visa to come to be with me!! YAY!!

We are also looking into opening a location of my dance company there (though not in Santo Domingo..perhaps Boca Chica??) so I have been researching the business forum as well. I am a professional Latin Dancer / Choreographer / International Instructor and fell in love with the DR, the people, the culture...everything and of course my husband during one of the festivals I am featured at there each year.

Thank you so much for the wonderful information on this forum! You are helping many that you don't even know about!! :classic:
-CMercedes

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
You should focus on SD, more specifically colonial zone.
Only two things come out of Boca Chica "steers and queers" sorry actually that was Oklahoma. For BC there's 4- drugs dealers, whores, whoremongers and thief's.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Not wrong Luci, you stand 'erected" yours is another example; Do you remember the movie "Officer and a gentleman?
Urban Dictionary
1. land of steers and queers
just about any Western state
?only steers and queers come from Texas private cowboy, and you don?t much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down? Full Metal Jacket 1987
by another Masshole Oct 15, 2003

2. land of steers and queers
Oklahoma
The only two things from Oklahoma are steers and queers, and I don?t see any horns on you boy. (Officer and a Gentleman, An - 1982)

3. land of steers and queers
Aka Texas
Only steers and queers come from texas
by Pete May 4, 2003

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Not wrong Luci, you stand 'erected" yours is another example; Do you remember the movie "Officer and a gentleman?
Urban Dictionary
1. land of steers and queers
just about any Western state
“only steers and queers come from Texas private cowboy, and you don’t much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down” Full Metal Jacket 1987
by another Masshole Oct 15, 2003

2. land of steers and queers
Oklahoma
The only two things from Oklahoma are steers and queers, and I don’t see any horns on you boy. (Officer and a Gentleman, An - 1982)

3. land of steers and queers
Aka Texas
Only steers and queers come from texas
by Pete May 4, 2003

Summer of 1976, and years before "Officer and a Gentleman":

Drill Sargent: "Where are you going after Basic Training and A.I.T., SOLDIER?"

Soldier: "DRILL SARGENT, I'M GOING TO FT. HOOD, TEXAS, DRILL SARGENT."

Drill Sargent: "Texas: NOTHING BUT STEERS AND QUEERS IN TEXAS."

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
We can always use another dance studio. Any excuse to get woman in spandex is cool with me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
She has received "Better" reception in the Travel Forum!
Santo Domingo site.
"Hotel In Villa Mella" is her thread there!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Summer of 1976, and years before "Officer and a Gentleman":

Drill Sargent: "Where are you going after Basic Training and A.I.T., SOLDIER?"

Soldier: "DRILL SARGENT, I'M GOING TO FT. HOOD, TEXAS, DRILL SARGENT."

Drill Sargent: "Texas: NOTHING BUT STEERS AND QUEERS IN TEXAS."

So what!! "My quote was earlier than your quote so yours doesn't count!!!" Steers and queers come from Oklahoma as well. Are you from Oklahoma?