Opening business in the DR

Msiddiq23

Jun 30, 2013
Hello All:

i am in the process to open shop in the DR which will function as a call center servicing US clients specifically looking for VA's (Virtual Assistants). I have several questions and concerns and would love any help anyone can offer:

1. I need to find a location central for staff to come to work. I was considering either Malecon Center or somewhere on 27 de Febrero. Which location you think will serve the labor pool better?
2. I am also considering San Isidro Zona Franca. Is that too far out of Amy's for labor to make it to work each day? The cost savings of taxes and cheaper rent is very attractive to a foreign business investor.
3. Eclectic- I am scared that the electric service is too costly to run the operation cost effectively. What can I estimate the bill to be considering an operation with A/c running 12 hours a day with around 50 people for a total of 200-250 sq meters. Do the rates vary per zone?
4. Internet- Claro or Tricom? Both are expensive for dedicated symmetrical service..it comes down to who's better in service and customer satisfaction. Is there another company's should be considering that possibly has direct connection to the Miami NACA?
5. Looking to hire a marketing firm that can manage all aspects of marketing including web, social media, blogs, print, direct mail, graphic design and much more. Looking for a company that can provide me brand management solution which continues to innovate marketing ideas for consistent lead generation.
6. Looking to hire a CFO who can manage all financial aspects of the company for the new operations and current operations I the US. I prefer a US experienced Accountant or CPA based out of the Dominican for cost effectiveness.

I am sure that many more needs and concerns will arise. I am so thankful for having available a blog such as DR-1 and thank everyone in advance for any expertise and or suggestions everyone offers.

Thanks

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
PM Tamborista. He's all over it.

Do you have a crush on me, let me know, I like younger guys.
You seem very mature for a 19 year old.
Let's meet up @ Cha, my treat.

besos,

tammy

images