Best places to live in DR?

mel123

Jul 1, 2013
Just wondering if anyone knows how is living in Casa De Campo not the resort but a home?

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
It would be boring at times .... However weekends and special events could be amazing. If you are in the Dominican Republic and are looking for a nice place to live my reccomendation would be to get on a plane and go to Miami. Florida real estate and cost of living is way cheaper. Plus people dont lie cheat and steal (other than the Dominicans , Ricans and Cubans).

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Just wondering if anyone knows how is living in Casa De Campo not the resort but a home?

I noticed on another thread you mentioned you have an 8 year old girl.

I think you'd be much better off living in Casa de Campo and visiting Sosua than the other way around. The La Romana area is nice, close to the capital if you need to go there, yet has it's own charm. and more conducive to raising a child.

You'll get a taste of what I mean if you post a similar thread titled, "What is it like living in Sosua?"

Good luck to you in your search!

If you have the money to live in that place- then you most likely have enough money to rent for 6 months first. Just to be sure your "good" investment are not transformed into a place you do not want to live.

You know, there are a reason why properties stays unsold here for year after year......

Just my 2pesos worth on your question.

mel123

Jul 1, 2013
Thanks everyone, u guys are awesome. I'm still researching as of where would be best. I don't want to be moving my daughter from school to school so I'm trying to really Narrow it down. Los cerros is nice but I wanted to stay near the beach in a gated community with reliable electricity. I was reading a post somewhere and they did not say nice things of Casa de Campo and the management office, I read that the maintenance fee is getting so high that villas owners are selling their home?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Look up the "Metro Country Club", in Juan Dolio.
I love it there.
Gated, secure, country club amenities,like club house, pools, golf course.
A "Suites Hotel" is on the site.
It was an Embassy Suites, but has just changed affiliation.
Not on the beach, which is actually a plus.
Shuttle buses to take you on the 5 minute ride to a private beach club.
It has single family homes, town homes, and condos.
Juan Dolio has English language schools, restaurants, lots of hotels and big beach front condos.
It is about 35 minutes to Santo Domingo.
Cris Colon