Bodyguard For Medina's Daughter Killed In Apparent Robbery

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
That's terrible. I hope that catch the cowards pronto.Your right, I would hate to be a known thief around that area right now as some lawman beat downs are going to be dished out liberally.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
For her gun. The savages probably saw a female and figured she was an easy mark.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2013/7/3/48175/Member-of-security-detail-of-presidents-daughter-is-2nd-officer-murdered

What will the fall out be? I would hate to be a known delinquent in the area of the robbery. Will this killing hit home and be the impetus for a sustained program of mano dura?
I hope that this wakes up Medina and puts his priorities in proper order. Maybe difficult because Lionel screwed them up in the first place.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Danilo is making changes but it will take some time to make any effects one of which is a campaign to instill faith in the police. If he continues to improves he may be one of the best presidents in recent memory and very well could displace Leonel.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Interesting, they have the MP out in huge numbers through daylight hours and strangely they seem to knock off around the same time as every other 9-5 worker, those still working after dark seem restricted to hanging out in well lit car parks, mall entrances and around PN headquarters, strangely none of the places one expects laws to be broken.
I live very close by and it is not the most dangerous place I've lived, being that every other house has military residing in it and all carry guns. But there is a huge lack of police presence, I maybe see one patrol every few days, a couple of young squirts on a bike or two.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Condolences to the family of Lt. Zuleika Ponciano and may there be swift justice meted out to the culprit. Noteworthy, was that Lt. Ponciano was waiting before daybreak for public transportation to get to work.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the second guy said he was the shooter. Piece of sh*t. Sold the lieutenant's weapon for RD$7000.
So he gets 30 years. So what>? he's better off there--three hots and a bed perhaps..gets a new a$$hole...learns a trade
--how to steal and rob...even better...out in 15???

What a waste.. all those sharks off of Manresa so hungry!!

HB

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
My condolences to the family. OTOH really have to wonder what kind of training a close protection detail is getting if some punk is getting the drop. Hyper vigilant is supposed to be the description of a bodyguard.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
HB, there may be a plan... the guilty are captured, judged, sentenced. all seen and heard: the justice is here! and then in prison other inmates will be informed the death of those two will be seen as purely accidental, no loss, no big deal.