Shipping a small package to Santo Domingo??

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
HI Guys!! Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else on the forum. I need to send a smaller box / package to my husband in Villa Mella. I sent one a few months ago but he never got it and this one he MUST receive. Can anyone tell me the best and safest way to send this package please?

The last package that I sent I used United States Postal Service because all of the other methods to ship a small box were well over $100 (American Dollars)! Is there another way to ship things to him that is cheaper and that has a tracking number so that we can be assured that we will receive this package?

Thanks for your help!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The problem is not with USPS, but with the local service. Tell your husband to stop by any of the many private courier offices in Santo Domingo: Vimenpaq, EPS, Business Mail, P.O. International, etc. and get a mailbox there. Most offer free subscription. Then they will give him a Street and P.O.Box address in Miami where you can send the package to. Once in Miami, the package will be in Santo Domingo the next day.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Check out the mentioned companies' websites. By the weight and size you'll know approximately how much your husband will have to spend to pick up the box. You pay the shipping to Miami, he pays to have it brought down.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Or you can say where you're located, and ask if anyone is going to SD soon. Maybe they'll bring it down for you.

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Wow you guys!! This is awesome! Thank you!! I will tell him about getting a box at one of the courier companies there. There is no way though to ship it direct? It makes me a little nervous to ship to the Miami location and then he would have to pay to have it shipped from there. Have you guys done this? I guess since that is new to me and he did not get the first package I am a little nervous about sending things to him now.

I will on these sites and check it out. Once I research them....I will post what I learn in case someone else needs this info too ok?

You guys are awesome!:knockedou

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Wow you guys!! This is awesome! Thank you!! I will tell him about getting a box at one of the courier companies there. There is no way though to ship it direct? It makes me a little nervous to ship to the Miami location and then he would have to pay to have it shipped from there. Have you guys done this? I guess since that is new to me and he did not get the first package I am a little nervous about sending things to him now.

I will on these sites and check it out. Once I research them....I will post what I learn in case someone else needs this info too ok?

I do this all the time when I order from Ebay, Amazon, etc. It's pretty much the only way you know he'll get the package without paying a load of money shipping direct with Fedex/UPS/DHL, etc. Depending on the package, with CPS I pay just over 200 pesos per pound so it's reasonable. Make a search for the names of the companies provided below and you'll find comments other posters have made about them.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I do it regularly, at least twice a month. If you are sending documents, or small packages in general he won't have to pay more than maybe 100 pesos. You see, it all depends on the weight. If you send things directly to a Villa Mella address chances are it won't get there. If you were sending to a more centrally located area of the city, it could get there albeit after a few weeks time.

CMercedes

Jun 28, 2013
www.Bailaconpasion.com
Ok...thanks guys. I contacted CPS and my husband actually has to go to set up our account first but then I can send things to him easily. I now get what you mean that it goes through Miami. This seems to be the best way to do it. In case anyone needs the link....here is the link....

CPS

I really appreciate your help guys!! Thanks!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
HI Guys!! Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else on the forum. I need to send a smaller box / package to my husband in Villa Mella. I sent one a few months ago but he never got it and this one he MUST receive. Can anyone tell me the best and safest way to send this package please?

The last package that I sent I used United States Postal Service because all of the other methods to ship a small box were well over $100 (American Dollars)! Is there another way to ship things to him that is cheaper and that has a tracking number so that we can be assured that we will receive this package?

Thanks for your help!

Use EPS. You can join free on line and then you mail the package to Doral Florida (just outside Miami). They send it over here and your husband can retrieve it at the office off Ortega & Gassett. He can take the metro from Villa Mella, get off at either Kennedy or 27 Feb. and walk to there office. It is cheap, easy, you can track it on line and I have always received what I was expecting.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I have used EPS, Vimenpaq and Encargopaq and never had a problem with getting anything shipped. We are talking hundreds of items. Far less expensive then FEDEX or UPS and very reliable.